Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Community Consultation: 1 Bloor St. West - Wed. March 11 7PM - Park Hyatt #4 Avenue Rd

Mizrahi Developments is proposing the construction of an 80-storey mixed-use building inclusive of an 8-storey podium containing retail and commercial uses with residential condominium units in the tower above.

Interesting. It was previously reported that there are 7 stories of retail but this states an 8 story podium. Assuming one story of retail is below grade, given the connection to the subway, could this mean two stories of office? Or will the extra podium floor/floors be condo amenities?

Hoping for a bit of office with the amenities on the 9th floor (with outdoor amenity on the roof of the podium).

I can't wait to see the rendering!

I'm curious how the commercial/retail space will be executed... Retail space in this city tends to be very poorly executed and 7-8 storeys seems like a mall. Hopefully it engages the street.

I can't wait to see the rendering!

I'm curious how the commercial/retail space will be executed... Retail space in this city tends to be very poorly executed and 7-8 storeys seems like a mall. Hopefully it engages the street.

Maybe a department store rather than a mall?

8 floors of retail/mixed use space at grade will most likely translate to higher ceiling heights for these levels, and being inclusive of the 80s this could translate to the building being an equivalent of an 85 storey building or more which is exciting.

I remember an article a while back saying Mizrahi pictures pools (plural) and sky gardens/terraces as part of the project, which to me indicates setbacks involved probably in the first 8 levels. So while 8 levels is a ton of space, it could easily be accomplished if stepping back means smaller floor plates for the higher of the 8 levels. Hope that makes sense.

So I guess this means we'll be getting renderings by at least March 11.

according to whom?

Community Consultation: 1 Bloor St. West - Wed. March 11 7PM - Park Hyatt #4 Avenue Rd

Mizrahi Developments is proposing the construction of an 80-storey mixed-use building inclusive of an 8-storey podium containing retail and commercial uses with residential condominium units in the tower above.

Back