Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Please tell me that Hudson Bay is moving across the street so that their horrible building can be redeveloped....7 stories would fit the ticket...and there is no doubt in my mind that moving would be better in terms of image than anything they could do with their current building...

In spite of having spent a lot of time in Yorkville and the Yonge and Bloor area in my life, I've never been inside that Bay. In fact, I can't even imagine there being a department store there. There might as well be a parking garage behind those concrete panels.

Hmmm - art deco base with glass tower above - by Foster.
Not too hard to imagine, I guess...

Mizrahi actually is known for developments that reflect the sort of limestone detailed facade that is presently part of Stollery's. I think a more fitting tribute would be an appropriately scaled podium (8 or so stories, not 2) in stone with appropriate levels of detailing which would be topped by a more modern-looking Foster tower. Kind of giving an effect similar to the Hearst tower (but with the podium being a new construction rather than an original).

View attachment 40759

$1billion = $10 million public art contribution.

Something to ponder while lamenting over the {{{{ STOLLERY STONE }}}}

$1billion = $10 million public art contribution.

Something to ponder while lamenting over the {{{{ STOLLERY STONE }}}}

It won't be that much - the public art contribution is based on hard construction costs only

Think Madmen Post Modernism meets gatsby VS Blade Runner. It was a conceptual render one of many... Wish I had my phone with me while passing by but it was charging... This design was way out there if they use it. Keesmat will not like it at all... LMFAO... I overheard someone gasp calling it a Monstrosity!

Just drove by there now. So nice to see that eye sore is finally torn down. Can't wait till it's totally demolished.

Think Madmen Post Modernism meets gatsby VS Blade Runner. It was a conceptual render one of many... Wish I had my phone with me while passing by but it was charging... This design was way out there if they use it. Keesmat will not like it at all... LMFAO... I overheard someone gasp calling it a Monstrosity!

For some odd reason, I am encouraged by the term Monstrosity. Can't wait to see it.

I agree that'd I'd rather see an empty lot rather than an eye sore.

This is the eyesore I couldn't stand while living in merchandise lofts

222-Jarvis-Street-viewed-from-Mutual-Street-March-22-2011-IMG_3404.jpg

Eyesores are subjective. I'd rather see active usage than a weed infested lot.

I hope food trucks lining the property pans out. i would call that a win.

Back