Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Yeah nice, An 80s luxury bldg. could easily be over 1000 ft/300m, we'll (soon) see about that

could easily be yes - but I would doubt it

Well, if it has the same average floor heights as the Four Seasons, 80 floors would translate into 308m. So at that floor height, it could be 78 floors and still be just over 300m in height.

However, seven retail floors at the base might make the total height even greater -- I doubt that these floors (for the "number one" retailers in their respective markets) would be less than 4m each in height, so you can add extra height to the total due to the retail floors. 75 or 76 floors might be enough to push past 300m.

Well, if it has the same average floor heights as the Four Seasons, 80 floors would translate into 308m. So at that floor height, it could be 78 floors and still be just over 300m in height.

However, seven retail floors at the base might make the total height even greater -- I doubt that these floors (for the "number one" retailers in their respective markets) would be less than 4m each in height, so you can add extra height to the total due to the retail floors. 75 or 76 floors might be enough to push past 300m.

Remember Jesse Ketchum.

7 floors of retail seems kind of odd unless he's planning on bringing in an international department store such as Harrods or Galeries Lafayette (which is aggressively expanding internationally)

Last edited:
7 floors of retail seems kind of odd unless he's planning on bringing in an international department store such as Harrods or Galeries Lafayette (which is agressively expanding internationally)

I think it was hinted that there might be a department store in the mix.

AoD

7 Floors of Retail = Bring it!
Not entirely hard to imagine considering how large the site is fronting Yonge. I imagine the tower having a small footprint so a large retail podium would fit the bill. And wow. Billion dollar project?! THAT's impressive. With Foster's hands attached, hopefully he has a large enough canvas (budget) to work with now :D

I work for the firm that was involved in the land aquisition of this project and I was able to see some rough design proposals shown to the lawyers and the one I saw was 82 Floor and 278.3M. The base was very art deco going up and then turning into a slim glass pyramid shape, but the top was flat. It's hard to explain but it definitly is Iconic. but there are several drawing and I only peeked at one of them. I highly doubt the city will allow the hight or shape. But it's pyramid type shape is because of Jesse K park. It beats Mirvish for sure in design. If I see anything else I will update.

I work for the firm that was involved in the land aquisition of this project and I was able to see some rough design proposals shown to the lawyers and the one I saw was 82 Floor and 278.3M. The base was very art deco going up and then turning into a slim glass pyramid shape, but the top was flat. It's hard to explain but it definitly is Iconic. but there are several drawing and I only peeked at one of them. I highly doubt the city will allow the hight or shape. But it's pyramid type shape is because of Jesse K park. It beats Mirvish for sure in design. If I see anything else I will update.

Sounds interesting. We probably won't ever see this design, but it's nice to see them considering art deco (or anything other than glass).

How tall was this art deco base structure? An art deco tower capped with a glass pyramid would be interesting. Not so sure how I'd feel about an art deco podium capped with a glass pyramid tower.

I'm glad they are being ambitious in terms of retail, connectivity, and height. I am not a strong proponent of tall buildings but this is definitely a site in my opinion where ambitious retail, connectivity and height make sense and represent a positive addition to the urban fabric.

my friend do u have any idea how may designs were there?

Back