Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Where are all the venom-filled naysayers gleefully predicting the demise of this magnificent development?

Word to the wise. Don't wait until the topping off If you gotta eat crow, eat'm when they're young and tender.
To be fair, you had 'em on both sides. To which a number of them met the big 42 banhammer, I gather...

That said, I personally not going to hold my breath on this 'till the detail has topped out, as it appears to be financed on a wing and a prayer currently. I really do hope though for everyone's sake this thing is completed successfully and without any further delays.

Call me demented but my fav part of the cladding (from the mock-ups) is the mechanical... should really pop (and night-lighting to boot).

39271-130470.jpg

UT

I wasn't expecting those weird nubby beams next. Rather upping the concrete sleeves around the big columns first...

...I also thought the mechanical cladding was vent fins and not made of those rounded pipe thingies as pict'ed above.

Edit: And yeah, there's lots of terms I don't know the names for here. >.<

Last edited:
Gamma is the sub-contractor that is fabricating the envelope for the tower.

For others, an FYI - the moc-up for the "mechanical penthouse" with the horizontal bars, is actually for the south podium privacy screen. The mechanical penthouses are a standard louvre construction.

you read correctly

5th and 6th floors.

the first 2 floors are poured and “done”, the steel is up for the next two, and now they are putting the first bit of steel up for the 5th and 6th.
Yup, exactly. The outer super-columns are just taller than the floor of Level 5 and the new interior cross-bracing is taller at the floor of Level 6:

1611935705892.png

The steelwork is so intricate and interesting! I really want to get my hands on the static and dynamic load analyses for this building and see how all the loads are transferred from the top down to the super-columns and further down into the massive bedrock foundation. This building truly is like none other in the city, IMO.

Also, I drove past Bloor and Yonge last night and the pictures of the height of the first level do not do it justice. You feel downright tiny when you look up and see the taaaaaalllll ceiling held up by the massive cross-braces. I suggest everyone in this thread take any opportunity (COVID permitting) to walk by that area to actually see the building in person.

Back