Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

^if u move your cursor to the pictures it does tell you the name of the projects, one of the pictures says Bay Adelaide.

Our front page story is up!

For anyone wanting to geek out wth more stats, chomp on these:

Diesel Engine – 6 Cyclinder 550 hp Detroit 60 Series Diesel​
Tower Sections – 40 foot tower sections (3), 13 ‘ 7 ½” X 2 prebolted for top section (1), Totalling 147’ 3” to underside of turntable​
Counterweight – Fixed Counterweight 23, 700 lbs. with 4 moving counterweights of 11,800 lbs. per piece totalling 47,200 lbs​
Capacity – 230 Ton Crane(not in this configuration), 30 foot radius 172,200 lbs.(86 Tons), 120 foot radius 56,400 lbs.(28 tons) As configured on our site.​
Boom Length – 120 feet of Main Boom, 30 feet of Auxillary Jib​
Cable Sizes – Main Drum 1 5/8”, Boom Hoist 1 ¼”, Auxillary Line 7/8”​
Fuel Tanks – on Engine pack 750 gallons. Day Tank for filling 500 gallons​
Climbing Frame with Platforms – 85,590 lbs. allow crane to jack itself and add Tower sections to raise crane as conditions require. (13’ 7 ½” at a time)​

i thought the same that cranes were electric and then one time i heard the diesel engine sound coming out a crane and that's when i found out that cranes are powered by petrol.
here is a video of the crane- not from the one.

Not the first time in Toronto - the other diesel powered construction crane I remember seeing was the one used for the Standard Life building at 121 King Street West (King and York Street) in the 1983 - 1984 timeframe.

Electric he says hahahaha maybe if you're lifting a honda civic
Actually many pieces of very large equipment, much bigger than this crane (see below), are electrically driven. I suspect cranes aren't electrically powered because the cost/difficultly of setting up the electrical infrastructure. Anyway, my point is don't be so condescending. Assuming this crane is powered by the grid is a fair assumption.
13888683.jpg

Last edited:
Also electric will always be your torquiest option, likely a powerful asset when dealing with 100+ ton lifts.

Back