Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

View of The One from 2 Bloor W

20181113_140414.jpg

Attachments

• 20181113_140414.jpg
    20181113_140414.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 306
So, hypothetically speaking, if the developer didn't want to deal with heritage preservation anymore, what would happen if they "accidentally" dropped that propped up building?

From a heritage angle I am not sure, but I think if there was a collapse on a construction site they would have to deal with a big headache (rightfully so) from the Ministry of Labour. Not sure if it would be worth it.

So, hypothetically speaking, if the developer didn't want to deal with heritage preservation anymore, what would happen if they "accidentally" dropped that propped up building?
there would be a fine, if it was determined to be done purposefully, there would be criminal charges for those responsible, I believe.

I hope you mean that as a sarcastic joke? Otherwise, they would risk completely destroying their reputation if their were roamers the developer orchestrated this. Getting construction financing, permitting and any type of support from stakeholders nearly impossible. No one would touch Mizrah with a 10 foot pole anymore. No to mention it would be a complete financial disaster as it would change the design, stop work for months and the financial lose associated with retention of the structure that has already been contracted out/paid for.

there would be a fine, if it was determined to be done purposefully, there would be criminal charges for those responsible, I believe.

I'll provide some context in regards to this heritage issue ( bring out your popcorn ). Mizrahi as part of the 133 Hazelton condo purchased a "heritage" house on Hazelton. The city along with Toronto Preservation board were up in arms protesting the demolition of the house, Mizrahi knew he would get push back so what he did is cut strategic holes throughout the house and just let it sit for a couple of years. He then got someone to write up a fancy report that said the building was no longer structurally sound, this is how got away with the demolition. It was quite hilarious reading the report and seeing the pictures of the large holes that were cut into the house letting in rain/water. The house was quite the dump though so the preservation board were blowing allot of smoke for nothing They ended up selling the land after getting approvals for a $4+Million profit from what I recall and that person also flipped it for just over $7M a couple months ago.
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I'll provide some context in regards to this heritage issue ( bring our your popcorn ). Mizrahi as part of the 133 Hazelton condo purchased a "heritage" house on Hazelton. The city along with Toronto Preservation board were up in arms protesting the demolition of the house, Mizrahi knew he would get push back so what he did is cut strategic holes throughout the house and just let it sit for a couple of years. He then got someone to write up a fancy report that said the building was no longer structurally sound, this is how got away with the demolition. It was quite hilarious reading the report and seeing the pictures of the large holes that were cut into the house letting in rain/water. They ended up selling the land after getting approvals for a $4+Million profit from what I recall and that person also flipped it for just over $7M a couple months ago.View attachment 164011View attachment 164012
Do you have proof of your allegations?

Perhaps the purpose of smaller crane is to deliver materials under the temporary deck (south side)?

Back