Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

^personally I find you should purchase some glass for viewing outside of your home... much cheaper and you can fix it yourself OR send it in to a plethora of independent retailers for repair when an issue arises..

Please let's not start the "please Apple we're begging you for another store, Toronto needs it" discussion. The One Bloor east, and Eaton Centre threads are ready spammed with that.

Toronto can function just fine without another one.

It's hilarious how people get so worked up about Apple anything. If ANY new proposed condo podium had enough space for a *potential* Apple Store then those threads would be littered with the frenzied and obsessive talk, too. Thank God it's just these three threads. But they are hilarious to read everyday though!

p.s. and once one person brings up a tech issue...

It's hilarious how people get so worked up about Apple anything. If ANY new proposed condo podium had enough space for a *potential* Apple Store then those threads would be littered with the frenzied and obsessive talk, too. Thank God it's just these three threads. But they are hilarious to read everyday though!

p.s. and once one person brings up a tech issue...
I wonder what these same people would do if Apple theoretically ever went bankrupt. I honestly think the world would come to an end for them the way they talk about this company.

I hope Mizrahi teases with renderings of an Apple Store up until 2018, with no real intention of actually putting one here. When you think about it, it would be a great way to sell and market the development.

Time was, according to the multitudes of pundits and internet soothsayers not so very long ago, Apple was about to go bankrupt and it was Microsoft everything that the masses obsessed over. That too is hilarious. Stick around long enough and you see just about everything, I guess.

I don't personally care if an Apple store goes into this location. But if it does, I'll be sure to check it out as part of the overall package.

Cumberland Terrace, Holt Renfrew, Hudson's Bay and The Manulife Centre aren't actually designated as part of the PATH.

The city has recently added the MaRS campus and the buildings around College Park, but nothing north of College is officially PATH. And the recent additions completely break the once-contiguous nature of the system.

I didn't think they were part of PATH, just subterranean retail spaces. I don't recall ever seeing PATH signage here ever...would be funny to see a tourist trapped here going in circles trying desperately to get to Union Station...

Is it that inconceivable of a concept for the city to rebrand the subterranean retail passages of Yonge+Bloor with PATH branding and include it on the PATH map by 2018?

Is it that inconceivable of a concept for the city to rebrand the subterranean retail passages of Yonge+Bloor with PATH branding and include it on the PATH map by 2018?
It's only been a year or so since the underground walkways at College were added to the PATH map (even though this section has no physical PATH signage). I'm sure the Bloor sections will be added at some point as well.

Equally hilarious, arguably more so, is those who only see the talk about Apple stores as a battle between iPhone or Android users, Mac or Windows users, etc.

It's not about that. It's about where the most successful specialty retail chain in the world is going to open next. It's about where high-design stores in prestige locations are going. That's what it's about.

I think your similar recent post in the Eaton Centre thread meant to ask "is a new store going in at the Eaton Centre, or is it going in at Yonge & Bloor?" (Either side of Yonge.) I think the question is, is Apple going in both locations? It could.

Not inconceivable, but my point was that it has not happened yet.

Aside from that, to be a part of the PATH there are signage and way finding requirements. Does a high end store like Holt Renfrew even *want* to be part of the PATH? And then there's the confusion that is bound to happen given that it's not connected (pedestrian-wise) to the rest of the system.

The stuff at College I can see. It's not far from Gerrard to Atrium on Bay, and there's theoretically enough development inbetween that it could be connected within a few years.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that Aura agreed to join PATH simply to try and boost the image of its dismal subterranean offerings.

College to Bloor though is a much further stretch to try and arrange and connect through all future development.

If all of this recent talk about the PATH here was triggered by the use of the term in the front page story earlier this week, then I apologize for our not-so-strict application of the term. UrbanToronto, the Globe and Mail, Retail Insider, probably more outlets along with Sam Mizrahi himself have been using the term PATH to refer to the underground retail concourses in the area. In the initial UrbanToronto articles on the project from early last year, we used the term Bloor-Yorkville PATH.

No, it's not officially the PATH up in these parts, but most Torontonians understand and use the term as quicker way of saying Underground Retail Concourse, the way the might use Kleenex to describe facial tissues from any manufacturer, Kimberley Clark or not. I don't think anyone's trying to imply that the pedestrian systems are going to be connected all the way through in any particular timeframe.

You know by the time a store comes to Yorkville the brand is no longer cool. (Ironically MS's operating system is more relevant for the money crowd that shops in Yuckville: you can actually accomplish something on a Surface thingy for example...)

depends on what you are buying in Yorkville, plenty of goods stores if you know where to go, equal number of tacky stores if you dont know where to go.

Another building bites the dust.

IMG_7368.JPG
IMG_7369.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7368.JPG
    IMG_7368.JPG
    526 KB · Views: 2,064
  • IMG_7369.JPG
    IMG_7369.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 2,087
They should remove the hoarding and make that space a parking lot. I hate parking under the Manulife Center. It would also be a convenient place to park on those occasions when I need to take the subway downtown.

Back