Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Mods, you may want to update the thread title :)
The Name: One Bloor West
The developer: Mizrahi Developments
The website: OneBloorWest.com
The architect: P+S & ?
My personal vision:
79urVZh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you have a thread for that stuff?

^Google Earth doesn't really count does it? It's just a quick little illustration to show the height geeks what 900 feet will look like at Yonge and Bloor. I've been sitting on this info for awhile but never found the time to create a high quality sketchup model--and with you about to spill the beans you know I had to hurry.:p

Nice! The only part that is slightly alarming is the inclusion of P+S...

Mods, you may want to update the thread title :)
The Name: One Bloor West
The developer: Mizrahi Developments
The website: OneBloorWest.com
The architect: P+S & ?
The vision:

Is this actual information or your own speculation?

It's official that Stollery's is closing... but here is one more bit from the Globe yesterday, confirming that a developer has bought the building..

David McKenzie, sales manager at the store, said it hasn’t set an exact date for the shutdown, but it could be in January or February, after the busy holiday shopping period. He said a developer has bought the building, but didn’t provide further details.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/iconic-upscale-mens-wear-store-to-close-in-toronto/article20932353/

As far as I can tell from their website, Mizrahi Developments hasn't gone higher than 9-story high-end penthouse stuff, though in the same neighbourhood as 1BW. I wonder if this is a partnership with someone with more high-rise experience.

No way a 250 metres tower would have any hope of being approved by Davenport and Avenue Road.

No way a 250 metres tower would have any hope of being approved by Davenport and Avenue Road.

Mizrahi shows a proclivity for historicist buildings in pre-cast and EIFS. If they actually spent the money to propose this on this site, I hope they hire Robert Stern to design a great looking skyscraper & I really hope they don't cheap out and clad it in pink, cheap-looking pre-cast like they did for 133 Hazelton.

Back