Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Visible from King and Bathurst - with the The One's core now higher than One Bloor East:

20241009_165113.jpg

Will soon be the first building in Toronto's history to break 300m. I wonder if they will do anything to mark the milestone when they reach it? Not including CN Tower which I think is in a different category.
Not just Toronto, but the first building in all of Canada to break 300m!

Photo taken today, Thursday (Oct. 10). A shot from the Wallace pedestrian bridge, near Dundas and Bloor, about 5km to the west of 1BW. Looks like the core of the tower is at level 73... and it visually looks like it's matched the height of 1BE, almost exactly 4 years after work began on the tower above-ground.

XXIMG_3855.jpg

Photo taken today, Thursday (Oct. 10). A shot from the Wallace pedestrian bridge, near Dundas and Bloor, about 5km to the west of 1BW. Looks like the core of the tower is at level 73... and it visually looks like it's matched the height of 1BE, almost exactly 4 years after work began on the tower above-ground.

View attachment 603260
Given where the photo was taken from, it becomes quite clear to me that the core has surpassed One Bloor East.

Anyways, here are a few photos from this afternoon:
20241010_154111.jpeg

20241010_154601.jpeg

On the right:
20241010_160255 copy.jpg

Given where the photo was taken from, it becomes quite clear to me that the core has surpassed One Bloor East.

Anyways, here are a few photos from this afternoon:
View attachment 603311
View attachment 603312

On the right:
View attachment 603313
It has not. See the picture I took a couple of days ago where the core's shadow can be seen on 1BE's mechanical penthouse - you can't get a more direct comparison than that (the other comparisons depend on the perspective - obviously if the photographer was standing on a spot where The One is relatively closer than 1BE, it will look taller, like the second shot above). Since then, the core has not increased in height, although I think a floor has been poured (72nd?) and the area around the core is now only a few feet lower than the core itself. Assuming the core is at Level 73, could someone check what the current height is supposed to be as per the plan? 1 BE is 257 m to the top of its mechanical penthouse. I think The One's core is now around 255 m.

IMG_3823.jpeg

Looking more closely, I think the most recently poured floor is Level 73, and the core should be at 74. What's the height of Level 74 according to the plan?

Last edited:
It looks like the highest poured floor/columns are halfway up the height of 1BE mechanical section (so somewhere between 240-247 meters, while the top of the core is somewhere between 255-259 meters tall!

It looks like the highest poured floor/columns are halfway up the height of 1BE mechanical section (so somewhere between 240-247 meters, while the top of the core is somewhere between 255-259 meters tall!
I'm not a physics expert, but if the top of the core is already taller than 1 BE, how come the shadow shows that it's still lower? Can a shadow from a building across the street be distorted by perspectives so that it actually appears lower than the actual height? And as I said, the core has not grown since that picture was taken 2 days ago. I think a quick check on the building's plan (where the height of every floor from ground level is indicated) will resolve this. I just don't have the patience to go through the 1,200+ pages of this thread to find it.

It has not. See the picture I took a couple of days ago where the core's shadow can be seen on 1BE's mechanical penthouse - you can't get a more direct comparison than that (the other comparisons depend on the perspective - obviously if the photographer was standing on a spot where The One is relatively closer than 1BE, it will look taller, like the second shot above). Since then, the core has not increased in height, although I think a floor has been poured (72nd?) and the area around the core is now only a few feet lower than the core itself. Assuming the core is at Level 73, could someone check what the current height is supposed to be as per the plan? 1 BE is 257 m to the top of its mechanical penthouse. I think The One's core is now around 255 m.

Looking more closely, I think the most recently poured floor is Level 73, and the core should be at 74. What's the height of Level 74 according to the plan?

Based on the elevations in the AIC the ceiling of level 74 is 256.175m, meaning when level 74 is complete it's just shy of the 257m height of 1BE, when the columns/core go up for level 75 it will pass 1BE as the ceilings of level 75 are 259.475m. Then we will have a new tallest at Bloor and Yonge.

Based on the elevations in the AIC the ceiling of level 74 is 256.175m, meaning when level 74 is complete it's just shy of the 257m height of 1BE, when the columns/core go up for level 75 it will pass 1BE as the ceilings of level 75 are 259.475m. Then we will have a new tallest at Bloor and Yonge.
That sounds about right. Thanks for checking. I think we may see that (core go up to Level 75) by the end of next week.

Back