Toronto The Kip District | 120.44m | 40s | Concert | BDP Quadrangle

IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0921.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0917.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG

Reactions: PMT
They never did earth retention for Phase 1. Just dug wide. Saved a lot of time and money for both Phase 1 and 2.
I wonder , why other multi-building projects rarely do that ?

They never did earth retention for Phase 1. Just dug wide. Saved a lot of time and money for both Phase 1 and 2.
I wonder , why other multi-building projects rarely do that ?
they typically do if they have the excess land.Why pay for shoring if you don't have to? Often they use shoring if they front onto a new public road though. I imagine it's to avoid the city being particular about what kind of fill is used to backfill it since it will become their property.. if it remains undisturbed soil the city likely doesn't pay as much attention.

The only site I can think of recently that hasn't is 1 Yonge, which shored for internal excavation faces for some reason.

Does anyone know what the proposal / plan is for the space behind The Kip 1 (between the building and rail tracks)? Is there a proposal to build more buildings there, or would it be used for greenspace?

Does anyone know what the proposal / plan is for the space behind The Kip 1 (between the building and rail tracks)? Is there a proposal to build more buildings there, or would it be used for greenspace?
Found this,
kip-siteplan.jpeg

Phase 3:

aawwqsd.jpg
viewSupportingDoc - 2020-07-21T100458.601.jpg
viewSupportingDoc - 2020-07-21T3100458.601.jpg
4y54eds.jpg
3h423s.jpg
asqws.jpg
4t32we.jpg
12rr32wq.jpg
32qdw.jpg