Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Another permit has been applied for and when I walked past today they were well on way to finishing excavation. It will clearly be a while before anyone needsto worry too much about 'soft close drawers". :->

:p

from today
20110130121.jpg

20110130123.jpg

Just recieved a message from the developer that had apparently been sent out previously but I'm not sure when because I didn't recieve it:

" Construction is proceeding quickly at the King East; by year end, the crane should be erected on site. We expect to deliver your new home during the Winter of 2012. It is for this reason that we are updating the closing date to 1 March 2012.
The sales office has moved to Brad J. Lamb/Lamb Development Corp. headquarters at 786 King Street West and 180 of 215 units are now sold (84%). We still have some excellent suites available so, if you have any friends or acquaintances wishing to live in a one of a kind property, let us know.

Additionally, we have a few parking spaces and lockers available, priced at $34,900 and $3500 respectively. Please contact Susan Cabecas at 416.368.5262 with your interest. For all other inquiries on the project, please contact Sales Agent: Nicole Van Stone through our office or at email nvs@torontocondos.com.

Congratulations on your new purchase!"

Here's what I received from the builder:

Construction is proceeding quickly at the King East; by year end, the crane should be erected on site.

We expect to deliver your new home during the Winter of 2012. It is for this reason that we are updating the closing date to 1 March 2012.

The sales office has moved to Brad J. Lamb/Lamb Development Corp. headquarters at 786 King Street West and 180 of 215 units are now sold (84%). We still have some excellent suites available so, if you have any friends or acquaintances wishing to live in a one of a kind property, let us know.

Congratulations on your new purchase!

Sincerely,

Brad J. Lamb

I think we should expect something closer to 2013.

Construction is proceeding quickly at the King East; by year end, the crane should be erected on site. Since I assume they meant the year-end of 2010 they are already behind schedule. :->

Today they have excavated the pit for the crane base and are busily filling it with rebar. I guess crane will be up in late February or early March.

Construction is proceeding quickly at the King East; by year end, the crane should be erected on site. Since I assume they meant the year-end of 2010 they are already behind schedule. :->

Today they have excavated the pit for the crane base and are busily filling it with rebar. I guess crane will be up in late February or early March.

Yea, that one was pretty funny.

Funny thing is they sent purchasers that email today. Should have just left that line out completely.

# of Parking levels

Now that they've bottomed out with the excavation and are pouring the crane base, does anyone know how many levels of parking they will be building? Originally I think it was going to be 2, but then I heard they were adding a 3rd or 4th level?

Last edited:
Looks like there will be 3 levels of parking. I passed by today and the hole looks to be 3 floors deep on the west side.

With regards to that email from Lamb, 215 units sounds like a lot for a 15 storey building with a pretty small floorplate. Almost 15 units per floor. How small are these things?

Is it me or is this one taking a while to dig? Think they started around June/July and it looks like they have much more work to go.

Is it me or is this one taking a while to dig? Think they started around June/July and it looks like they have much more work to go.

They actually started to excavate in August and, to be fair, they have been digging out solid rock for the last few weeks - and do seem to be 'almost' done. I understand that most construction companies prefer to pour foundations when the worst of the frost has gone so they may be digging at a speed that will see them finished by April?

The City website says that there will be traffic problems today at King and Parliament due to a crane being erected. Presumably for here.

PARLIAMENT STREET – TORONTO AND EAST YORK DISTRICT
AT KING STREET EAST. Two southbound lanes will be occupied due to the hoisting of a crane.
START DATE: Saturday March 5th, 2011
COMPLETION DATE: Saturday March 5th, 2011
HOURS of WORK: 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
TRAFFIC IMPACT: SEVERE

Back