Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

IMG_2115.JPG
IMG_2116.JPG

What are some of you going on about? Sure, there's some spandrel panel, but it's close in colour to the windows, so that's inoffensive, and there are no waist-height spandrels other than where there's an operable window, so that's actually good, and not a mess. Going on about this building as if it was particularly problematic just makes one look like a thoughtless braying donkey to me.

What are some of you going on about? Sure, there's some spandrel panel, but it's close in colour to the windows, so that's inoffensive, and there are no waist-height spandrels other than where there's an operable window, so that's actually good, and not a mess. Going on about this building as if it was particularly problematic just makes one look like a thoughtless braying donkey to me.

It's no looker but agreed, it's not completely incompetent. Doesn't mean it's good, just far worse going up in this city.

I guess I'm a terrible person for thinking replacing the only gay club in the city with a generic blob of grey spandrel is a bad thing. My bad, I'll try and be nicer to completely uninspired architecture in the future.

That it's replacing a gay club is irrelevant. You keep dropping that comment as if it's some grand statement and killer argument. If you're upset at losing the venue, the architecture is irrelevant; shouldn't you be mad at the club owners for selling? So tiresome.

Back