Toronto The Globe and Mail Centre | 83.21m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Feel so sorry for the people living in that building that's pretty much right on top of the site. Not only will they have to deal with noise for 3-5 years but they'll have a massive shadow over the building.

Feel so sorry for the people living in that building that's pretty much right on top of the site. Not only will they have to deal with noise for 3-5 years but they'll have a massive shadow over the building.

True, but that sums up the reality of living in much of downtown these days. Pretty much everyone has to deal with endless construction and views that disappear. On the plus side, if anyone in that building lands a job at the Globe they'll have a great commute!

The owner of the building (who lives there) was surprisingly (to me) positive about the new building at the City's Public Meeting on this project.

I guess, but quality of life > $$

Who's to say that this development will decrease his quality of life? It might be a surprise to some, but some people who live downtown actually enjoy seeing development and intensification, even if it goes up right next door to them, myself included.

Who's to say that this development will decrease his quality of life? It might be a surprise to some, but some people who live downtown actually enjoy seeing development and intensification, even if it goes up right next door to them, myself included.

Have you ever lived on top of a construction site like this one?

March 30
13583949153_0dc73c8123_b.jpg

13583929295_779fafa0fd_b.jpg

13583883545_88657874b0_b.jpg

13583892125_cba7bea6df_b.jpg

The excavation on the King Street side seems to be about at its limit and they appeared to be excavating for the "crane pit" (about where the excavator is in the pic above) on Saturday.

Crane Installation

The excavation on the King Street side seems to be about at its limit and they appeared to be excavating for the "crane pit" (about where the excavator is in the pic above) on Saturday.
Crane Installation has started. It looks like there will be two cranes installed on the site based on the visible concrete foundation pads. The northern crane is partially installed. Will see how quickly they get them in.

Back