Toronto The Forest Hill 1 + 2 | ?m | 19s | Lash Group | Richmond Architects

Rendering

New rendering found in current issue of Condo Guide~ Phase 2 on the left (530 St Clair), phase 1 on the right (500 St Clair) ... St. Clair Avenue West in the foreground :)

for some reason ... this sort of reminds me of One Sherway

530StClair.jpg

There seems to be a car streaking west within the streetcar reservation.

500-530 St Clair W

As of Feb 8

Groceries store is gone and it was there a few weeks ago. It was close with stuff still on the shelf.

The Bakery store still in business

Last edited by a moderator:
The Forest Hill 2 - DELAYED

from AndrewLaFleur's website:

530 St Clair Goes Back to The Drawing Board

Despite taking out a 2 page spread in the latest issue of Condo Guide ad rag magazine announcing a preview sales event for this weekend, 530 St Clair Ave West Condominiums will not be starting sales any time soon. The launch event was canceled after the deadline passed to pull the ad from the Condo Guide.

The official party line is that they are NOT canceling the project, they are simply reworking all the floor plans to accomodate more 1+den units in the building due to buyer demand. Word is it will take about 6 weeks to re-do the floor plans before they will start selling units, however, I’d be surprised if they launched anything in the next 2 months.

I find it strange that the realization that buyers wanted 1+den units would come as last-minute surprise to them and would cause them to completely rework the floorplans for the entire building. There is likely more going on behind the scenes here. The thought of being the only developer in town to launch an entirely new condo project so far this year has got to scare them on some level.

Horrible Sidewalk

500 St Clair is just over 300m from the subway entrance. I would think most people buying here would want to walk to the subway?

Unfortunately this is a horrible stretch of sidewalk. It looks like the building itself is set back far enough to allow a decent width of sidewalk out front. Crossing Bathurst and walking east towards the subway things get bad. First of all it's very narrow. The gas station entrance has a wicked slope which is treacherous when snowy or icy. Then you get to the retaining walls. A light pole/streetcar overhead support pole makes it ridiculously narrow. When it’s messy there’s now way to escape the spray off the wheels of passing vehicles.

I would suggest a new retaining wall, set further back from the road, is badly needed. Make a wide sidewalk and have some trees along the curb as a buffer from the traffic.
Wouldn’t that make this a far nicer place to live?
If every condo buyer would just chip in…

Does anyone now if anything is happening with the gas station? I remember hearing a couple of years ago that the lease would expire in ‘09(I think) and then it might go?

Back