Toronto The Forest Hill 1 + 2 | ?m | 19s | Lash Group | Richmond Architects

23 May 2009 photo update

From St Clair&Wychwood:

dsc00567u.jpg

From what their sales associates have been telling me, they've had to delay the launch of 530 St Clair (Phase II) because of various difficulties getting city council approval for this and that... I wouldn't be surprised if they announced 23 stories for Phase II as well since they got it for Phase I.

On a side note I'd live to hear what other recommended eateries you guys have for around here. Already heard about Dutch Dreams but haven't tried it yet. Just stopped by Taste of Thai on St. Clair and Vaughan Rd and it was amazing! Excellent lunch deals for $6.95 which include spring rolls and soup. Any good sushi around?

I highly recommend Mezzetta at Christie and St Clair. Great Middle Eastern-style tapas. Sushi? Hmm. A bit further west, Pain Perdu (near Ruston Rd) has good croissants/bread and is good for practising your French. Lotsa cute little cafes popping up around there.

I think the only downside to the area is that gas station across the road@St Clair&Bathurst. Vaughan Rd may be a touch seedy, but I love the Mtl-style density/massing.

quid pro quo

From what I was told, I surmised they got the 23rd storey because they are going to have to scale back slightly on the other one. They asked for 22 storeys at 530 but generated some push back from homeowners who are very worried about shadows on their property. I also bought there and have been told it will be February or March before I move in.

On a side note I'd live to hear what other recommended eateries you guys have for around here. Already heard about Dutch Dreams but haven't tried it yet. Just stopped by Taste of Thai on St. Clair and Vaughan Rd and it was amazing! Excellent lunch deals for $6.95 which include spring rolls and soup. Any good sushi around?

New on St. Clair near Christie is The Stockyards. If you like meat and bbq... check it out.

Back