Toronto The Charles at Church | 152.7m | 47s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Terrible. But not surprised. Aspen Ridge isn't a builder that pushes the design envelope. And quadrangle is quandrangle. It's like a direct to video movie with a C-Lister as the lead.

Lazy, lazy architecture.

Wow that looks terrible. I find it interesting that Toronto architects really play up balconies making them a focal point whereby other cities (MTL, YVR) tend to downplay them. I much prefer the latter or eliminating them all together.
This is just a mess.
Balconies are not the problem. It's the design of balconies which can be a problem; lots of designs handle them brilliantly, and make the building more interesting, even stunning at times. Witness. (Yup, using your own post against you!)

Terrible. But not surprised. Aspen Ridge isn't a builder that pushes the design envelope. And quadrangle is quandrangle. It's like a direct to video movie with a C-Lister as the lead.

Lazy, lazy architecture.

I agree the future doesn't look bright for this project ... but Aspen Ridge has not always done bad I think ... I was actually quite happy with how VU @ Adelaide & Jarvis turned out

I agree the future doesn't look bright for this project ... but Aspen Ridge has not always done bad I think ... I was actually quite happy with how VU @ Adelaide & Jarvis turned out

That's their first in Toronto, and it's one of the more disappointing HP projects. I suspect this will be more along the lines of Studio in terms of outcome, which isn't a good thing IMO.

AoD

Lazy, lazy architecture.

But you could say the same thing for 85% of Toronto's condo buildings. X Condos, One Bloor, River City 3, and Five Condos are the exception.

But you could say the same thing for 85% of Toronto's condo buildings. X Condos, One Bloor, River City 3, and Five Condos are the exception.

I think Aspen Ridge is pretty meh, though. Other builders will have some bland and some not too bad from project to project with the occasional "wow"...but Aspen Ridge is pretty much the same from project to project.

uninspiring design ... once again another box tower with play on balconies sadly

Has the project been rebranded as "The Charles at Church" ?

charles-church-tagline.svg

http://www.aspenridgehomes.com/new-condos/toronto/charles-church

Ads for this project are playing on the old tele now, and it does appear to be re-branded as "The Charles at Church". Name change please mods.

technically this project is named 'The Charles at Church' .... not The Charles ON Church

Back