Toronto The Address at High Park | ?m | 12s | Chestnut Hill | BDP Quadrangle

Aug 24
They are installing the blank east wall and it helps some what, but the blue kill this building.

Once again, final material fail to match the render and totally down grade the build and this is no exception.

I though that large door was for loading/off loading move in/out item, but has no access to an elevator with both doors at each end.
9588265478_6830a376d0_b.jpg

9585471513_5b66035deb_b.jpg

9585475739_cedc1eff58_b.jpg

9585482399_41b5c69b7e_b.jpg

9585487031_18600c09e2_b.jpg

9585489741_dd5d996453_b.jpg

12 November 2013: Ppl have been in their units for about 1-2 months now ... enjoying the TTC shake 'n flash? ;)

Corner retail unit has been leased--residents, any idea if it's 1)Sbux 2)Rabba 3)dry cleaners 4)SDM?
8xse.jpg

0y73.jpg

My instaRATING on the architecture: 2/10.

As an aside, just as I predicted, the condo is bringing renewed interest in the retail strip along here--it has massive potential imo, as it's one of the rare parts of Bloor St W with mature trees (shading) and actually pretty great 100 year old architecture.

Last edited:
A Polish bakery would be nice. Waking up to delicious treats every morning. :)

That would be excellent, but it's unlikely. There are fewer and fewer Polish businesses in Toronto of the type that sell Polish foods and merchandise. Overall, though, Polish people own a wide variety of businesses in the city.

I had my PDI last week. I asked about the commercial spaces. One has been leased to a dentist and the other to a coffee shop. He wouldn't provide a name of the chain.

Wow. I really thought this would be one of the trendsetters for mid-rise along the avenues for this city. I was hoping it would set a good precedent of a building that increased density where needed, added some style to the streetscape, but didn't get the neighbourhood residents too riled up. Boy was I wrong.

No offence to anyone who bought here, but I would feel cheated if it were me.
I was considering this place during pre-construction sales and I still have the brochure (well, I just tossed it in the recycling after taking one last look at it last night). It isn't even close to anything in any of the brochures or ads. I feel like I went into the sales centre a couple years ago to check out a stylish coupe, and somehow ended up with a minivan.
Hope the interiors live up to the expectations, for the sake of the buyers. The exterior sure didn't.

Last edited:
Wow. I really thought this would be one of the trendsetters for mid-rise along the avenues for this city. I was hoping it would set a good precedent of a building that increased density where needed, added some style to the streetscape, but didn't get the neighbourhood residents too riled up. Boy was I wrong.

No offence to anyone who bought here, but I would feel cheated if it were me.
I was considering this place during pre-construction sales and I still have the brochure (well, I just tossed it in the recycling after taking one last look at it last night). It isn't even close to anything in any of the brochures or ads. I feel like I went into the sales centre a couple years ago to check out a stylish coupe, and somehow ended up with a minivan.
Hope the interiors live up to the expectations, for the sake of the buyers. The exterior sure didn't.

I'm one of the purchasers. Here's what I can say about everything so far:

The Good

1 - The communication with the builder has been pretty great with me. An example...my PDI was delayed a few days (2 business days) at the request of the builder. When I spoke with the representative on the phone she was very clear as to why. There were a few things not installed (appliances, sinks in the bathrooms, trim in a few areas, and it hadn't been cleaned) and they would prefer to have everything complete for my first experience in the unit to be a good one. She said it was up to me, and I had given myself some extra buffer days so it wasn't a big deal. She even went as far as to give me her cell phone number in case I needed to reach out to her. Now they could have forced me to do the PDI on a unit missing those items but I appreciated the opportunity to decide on my own.

2 - The interior on the units are pretty well done. During my PDI I noticed a few minor issues but nothing crazy. The biggest items were items that a handyman could bang out in half a day and then a cleaning crew would have to follow up. Such as:

- The water supply to one of the toilets wasn't fastened to the wall
- 50% of the switches have a bit of paint on them
- There's some overspray on some of the door frames that needs to be sanded down
- The window frames have paint that needs to be cleaned off
- A few of the kitchen cabinets need to be aligned
- 1 small scratch on the floor
- There are a couple holes that need covers (main water supply and 1 cable box)

The Bad

1 - The baby blue on the building was a bit of a shock. Looking at the marketing material I didn't see any of it and when it started to go up I thought it was film on the windows. Not much we can do about it now.

2 - The common areas are still a construction zone. Like most new builds the hallways are still concrete and there is no wallpaper / paint on the walls. The main gym / common area is only just starting to be constructed and will likely be a few months before its workable.

3 - The construction elevator is a bit of an eyesore. I've heard it's planned to come down in the next few weeks. Inside there is only one working elevator so I'm dreading the next few weekends as people move in having to do 12 floors each way.

4 - The intersection is going to be a bit of a nightmare at times with turning left on to Indian along with off indian on to bloor.

5 - My biggest fear was the subway noise. To be perfectly honest with my windows and door closed I don't hear a thing. With them open you can hear them a little but it's not any worse than street noise in my current location.

Overall I'm pleased with the building and I think my satisfaction will increase the closer it gets to completion. For my $475 / sq foot including parking and same floor locker I'm happy.

Thanks for the report hodgkinsken.

For future reference for those who have bought in this building, can you please take your discussion on PDIs, build quality, etc., to the real estate thread? It is linked at the top of this page.

Thanks!

1 - The baby blue on the building was a bit of a shock.

That blue at the base where the retail is located is permanent? I figured they hadn't finished with the cladding. What a bizarre design choice.

That blue at the base where the retail is located is permanent? I figured they hadn't finished with the cladding. What a bizarre design choice.

The blue there is just where cladding is missing. The blue I was talking about is on the back side of the building.

They're in the process of taking down the construction elevator. The guy I spoke with said 3-4 days. I wonder how long after that will the sidewalk be returned to pedestrians?

From the baby blue spandrel, to the drab brick colour, to the cheap looking materials, this one turned out to be a huge let down. Early on it looked like it would be a model for mid rise development. Shame. Did Streetcar somehow accidentally find itself on the subway? :p

Last edited:

Back