Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

One from earlier today with the Yonge/York/Bay ramps getting shorter…

DSC09608.jpg

This building is going to benefit immensely by not feeling strangled by elevated roads at ground level.

Attachments

• DSC09608.jpg
    DSC09608.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 378
This building is looking sharper and mrore refined the taller it gets. For now it is the clear Belle of the SC Ball (imho)--at least until Bay Park comes along.

May 09
April 27 shots as well today shots are on line
34533729396_a4ba8589e7_b.jpg

33764733763_93b0536f24_b.jpg

33764736713_dcb05996a8_b.jpg

34533741176_4dc4fba2f1_b.jpg

34533744986_77d0eb044c_b.jpg

Once the rest of the ramp is down, a different view than today as well in the past. You will see the full view of the tower including the based.
33732104254_d59310152c_b.jpg

Hello everyone,

I've been following the progress of this building and I have to say I'm disappointed with how the pointed section of the podium turned out compared to the render. Obviously the more impressive version would've added cost and complication to the project, but what obligation do the developers have to honour their approved designs? Was there an amendment somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I've been following the progress of this building and I have to say I'm disappointed with how the pointed section of the podium turned out compared to the render. Obviously the more impressive version would've added cost and complication to the project, but what obligation do the developers have to honour their approved designs? Was there an amendment somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Renders are not approved drawings, merely artist's interpretations taken from the architectural drawings. Renders are also generally produced early in the approval process and are not usually updated as tweaks get made to the final architectural drawings.

Thursday:

Ice by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

Ten York by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

Ramp Demolition by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

Ramp Demolition by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

I'm still struggling with the sea foam green and putty grey colour. I keep hoping that as it gets taller it somehow integrates better or that maybe there will be a magic, new phone reveal as they peal off the plastic protectors and the real colour emerges. The position, the presence, shape, height, place on the corner all works. Just the colour...

I'm still struggling with the sea foam green and putty grey colour. I keep hoping that as it gets taller it somehow integrates better or that maybe there will be a magic, new phone reveal as they peal off the plastic protectors and the real colour emerges. The position, the presence, shape, height, place on the corner all works. Just the colour...

I agree. And while by Tridel's standards it's fairly solid, I still think the exterior tower finish could be sharper. I also find the 'crown' in the render to be underwhelming and straight out of a condo in Mississauga circa 2002.

Back