tyIMG_1786.jpg

Attachments

• tyIMG_1785.jpg
    tyIMG_1785.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 513
  • tyIMG_1786.jpg
    tyIMG_1786.jpg
    827.1 KB · Views: 473
It's a double-whammy when you consider that it blocks the west elevation of One York, which, IMO, is one of the nicest sides to any of the City's office towers (along with EY Tower's north elevation) built since BAC-West, RBC, and Telus Tower kicked off downtown's office tower boom. I find Ten York to be a confused building with various treatments to the different elevations and tower and podium components.

Pretty cool "then and now" showing the progress of 10 York, from pictures I took on last year's Ride for Heart as well as yesterday:

What gets me most in this post is the fact that the terrible weather in both years makes the photos look nearly identical.

What gets me most in this post is the fact that the terrible weather in both years makes the photos look nearly identical.

As terrible as it looks 2016 was at least warm (about 18-19 degrees) and not raining (at least during the ride). Yesterday was cold rain. But yeah I thought it was cool that they really look similar.

Thanks for the snaps Red. You can't help but feel like this was a missed opportunity for something bold and colourful. The bluish grey pallete makes it blend in with the rest of the blue and grey nearby.
To be fair, Harbour Plaza and One York look like what you described in those images, at least IMO.
It's a double-whammy when you consider that it blocks the west elevation of One York, which, IMO, is one of the nicest sides to any of the City's office towers (along with EY Tower's north elevation).
To me, it looks generic and far from EY Tower in terms of quality.
As terrible as it looks 2016 was at least warm (about 18-19 degrees) and not raining (at least during the ride). Yesterday was cold rain. But yeah I thought it was cool that they really look similar.
The images imply that it was raining the days when both occurred, or at least around when they were taken.

All the render threads are very dead so figured I'd start here...Simon Gramegna shot a wonderful aerial photo of the city. I've added in some quick massings to give an idea of the new development. Anyways, 10 York sits front and centre. Exciting development! Should note: if all goes as planned east of Yonge, the effect of the South Core towers is going to diminish greatly. Let's hope they stand out through quality at least!
Future Toronto.jpg

Attachments

• Future Toronto.jpg
    Future Toronto.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 558

Back