Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

3375504577_7a01768e81_b.jpg

3376319714_03011b46f0_b.jpg

It's not often one compliments an inanimate object like a building, but seriously, what a truly handsome building.

Well it's unfinished and once the site is cleaned up and landscaped I think it will look a lot better. Right now it looks kind of cool.

Really disappointed to see such a huge mechanical box on top, particularly since this is a fairly short tower, though the view of the box will be mitigated somewhat by the glass fins on top (if they are as tall as originally rendered).

I had hoped that the mech would be largely enclosed in the top floors ala BAC and most of the MINT towers (CIBC, TD, RBC etc.).

Not a very pretty way to top off a great-looking office tower.

Last edited:
After stumbling across these (never seen?) pics of the Telus model... I retract my stated concern about the mech box.... if the end result looks like this (fin height etc.), it should be fine:

4_25y6.jpg

4_25y1.jpg

4_25y5.jpg

*looks like the south elevation fin is way taller than the north fin which is news to me.

Great pics of the model - definitely highlights some details that I hand't noticed before.

Absent the fins, the mechanical box would be as bad as the one on top of the RBC podium, which is a pretty cheap-looking detail on an otherwise gorgeous building. At least it seems that Telus is making some effort to hide it via the fins (although, as mentioned above, having full mechanical floors before the fins start still would have looked better...) That said, it seems that they plan to paint the south wall of the mechanical box purple (?!) which may make it very noticeable in spite of the (translucent) fin.

But without painting it a dark colour you wouldn't be able to read the signage. That and I like the contrast, personally.

I highly highly doubt the real building will have a mechanical box that is coloured any vibrant colour.

More likely is for the Telus logo to be purple or something.

I like how the models show white/clear glass-- that would've been beautiful, but I suppose grey will do.

Back