Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

In the early stages of above-grade construction, I really wondered if this (Telus/Uniion) would ever get completed, much less built as promised/rendered. The site seemed disorganized, the construction method appeared plodding even antiquated, the progress painfully slow...

... yet here is a building that seems to have kept every single (exterior) architectural promise made. No small feat.

baby-feet-1a.jpg

As it's been said, it's all in the details. Union is delivering in spades. It may not be the tallest or sleekest in its proportions, but it just looks so damn good regardless. I wish we could be saying the same for B/A, but at least Telus is proving that there are still some developers who care to build above the bare minimum.

The podium details are great. The black panel running along Bremner is stunning. And I appreciate the vertical grey columns as a beautiful contrast to the black and great compliment to the rest of the structure.

A gray and black contrast can sometimes look sterile and unwelcoming. Telus proves the opposite. These little details make this one nearly perfect.

All the talk of new Apple Stores got me thinking that the base of Telus would be the coolest looking Apple Store outside of the cube in Manhattan.

This building would have 2 of the sexiest logo's on it if that were to happen. Thats just way too much for one building. The Apple logo would look amazing on that black part of the podium.

The podium details are great. The black panel running along Bremner is stunning. And I appreciate the vertical grey columns as a beautiful contrast to the black and great compliment to the rest of the structure.

A gray and black contrast can sometimes look sterile and unwelcoming. Telus proves the opposite. These little details make this one nearly perfect.

This building would have been a fantastic addition to the financial district. At its actual location it does a great service by setting the tone of the area.

This is one very handsome structure.

sorry for posting the same thing here as in the maple leaf square forum, but...

A little before and after from my window and from the air

SANY0638.jpg

SANY0640.jpg

SANY0641.jpg

PICT0623.jpg

P1020972.jpg

P1020970.jpg

They were flying up quite a bit of iron today, I'm assuming it's all for the big fin at the top.

Back