Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

Too bad the Yonge street redo won't extend north of Gerrard in the near future.

AoD

Like many things, it's a progression. Toronto is a timid city and often the last to implement change. The Gardiner's continued existence is testament to that. Sometimes it works to our advantage. We never tore up our streetcar network, for instance. This will be no different.

We've seen Yonge temporarily closed to cars for many years with a good response from the public. Pilot projects before taking the plunge seem to be how things work here.The City now seems comfortable making a more permanent change. I suspect the re-design north to Gerrard will eventually morph into an extension all the way to Bloor. I just hope we don't have to wait till 2050 to see it happen.

Too bad the Yonge street redo won't extend north of Gerrard in the near future.

AoD

Pencilled in 2026-2028; College to Davenport.

Might come a year or 2 later to coordinate with the Bloor-Yonge Capacity Expansion project which will dig up Yonge in that area.

* to add, @rbt is correct that the Gerrard-College segment should see its facelift ~2024/2025

20220307_104559.jpg
20220307_104631.jpg

While I don't love it, lanterra is at least consistent when it comes to exterior details. Never stunning but also never trash. Interiors are a different question all together, but I'm never worried about a lanterra development looking like something from Pemberton or Concord.

While I don't love it, lanterra is at least consistent when it comes to exterior details. Never stunning but also never trash. Interiors are a different question all together, but I'm never worried about a lanterra development looking like something from Pemberton or Concord.

This is true. They spend all the money on the outside.

Back