Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

Today, south and east faces:
IMG_7224.JPG
IMG_7227.JPG

A quick question: why is the cladding on the east and southeast of the parking garage left undone, this late in the project? Is it a supply problem? Logistics? Just hoping that someone has an answer. The question has nagged me for months, but I finally just HAD to ask.

I like the building boom - but seeing this sea of greenish glass and bad cladding makes me feel hopeless about having some proper builds that are worthy enough to become cultural symbols of our city
I hear you but I still think the added density looks great in this part of the city, despite the monotony of glass materials, balconies and colours. The more they can cram into this area the better.

Plus it's not like we're not getting quality builds. We have buildings like The One, CIBC Square and Mirvish coming in the mix.

I like the building boom - but seeing this sea of greenish glass and bad cladding makes me feel hopeless about having some proper builds that are worthy enough to become cultural symbols of our city
Rarely do residential buildings reach that level of architectural achievement, regardless of the era.

Spacious, but I really hate the standard Toronto balconies. The railings don't look or feel safe at all, they have enormous gaps and 90's-style brackets.
I have the exact same type at my condo, and it makes the balcony much less pleasant than if it had a proper railing.
There's a lot to be said about things that look constructed on the flimsy side, but I'm pretty sure those won't fall over if you lean on them hard.

Well maybe having a small enough animal that would get through isn’t the best option to have then. cats and dogs are not meant for apartments anyways. So. Save a pet don’t get one.

Back