Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Rocker's photo shows very clearly the York/Yonge/Bay off ramp that will be coming down in the next 2 or 3 years. The area will really open up once that ramp is gone

wow. talk about a HUGE site for all development! a big chunk of the city right there. this is crazy how its in the downtown core.

It's stuck between three major roads, including an elevated highway. It's not exactly prime real estate, even with the lake views.

Rocker's photo shows very clearly the York/Yonge/Bay off ramp that will be coming down in the next 2 or 3 years. The area will really open up once that ramp is gone

having now been in the area for over a year, I really see the need to demolish that off ramp. That stretch of Harbour St. from Bay to York is just so awful for the local pedestrian due to the ramp. I just wonder if Ford will allow the demolition to happen, given that it would appear to be a "war on the car" to knock off two ramps.

That link is currently dead. Did anybody save the image?

Here's a link to an article about this proposal, community concerns, etc...inside there is a pic that I don't think been posted before, gives an idea of how the two towers will look quite different from one another rather than the typcial twin towers look. Then again I'm not sure how reliable this pic is, but whatever:

http://www.thebulletin.ca/cbulletin...3911100721171595092&ctid=1000006&cnid=1002981

Failed to load initially, but it's working for me now. In any case, here are the pictures for anyone who can't view the page.

Attachments

• 90harbour.jpg
    90harbour.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 90harbour2.jpg
    90harbour2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 281
Not sure what to think of that 'candy cane' tower just yet, much too soon to make a judgment call on it based on that minuscule render. But something about the way the two towers play off each other seems off.

Omg, the UT box-haters will be upset!

:eek: The B.H.U. - 'Box-haters United' will not take this sitting down!

But seriously, give it a rest.
Nobody is completely 'hating on boxes' per say. For example, many 'boxy' built, u/c or proposed high-rises (e.g. Telus, Lumiere, X, The 4 Season's, TCHC: Block 32, Sick Kids, Theatre Park, The Gansevoort Hotel and Picasso) are almost universally applauded here on UT. And that includes those of us, such as myself, that you would likely label as 'box haters'.

Back