Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I was really hoping for something special here, but sadly we're just getting another minor variation on a very overused theme.

I'm not a NIMBY, but I think I'm becoming a NMAABIMC (No More Architects Alliance Boxes In My City).

Wow. Looking great in that rendering. Also, I love the new trees planted in the foreground and the buildings at Harbour Square demo'd in the background. Sweet.

Yes, and most renderings of other projects show at least the massing or outlines of existing buildings. Only a few are shown in this rendering. While I like the look of the towers a lot, hopefully a more realistic depiction comes out soon. Not every unit is going to have awesome, unobstructed views of the lake lol.

I'm not a NIMBY, but I think I'm becoming a NMAABIMC (No More Architects Alliance Boxes In My City).

I'll second that.

Let the rebellion against the neo-modernist, less-is-more, the-only-good-angle-is-a-right-angle bean-counters begin. Monoliths are fine for packaging cereal, storing files and inspiring apes to develop weapons, but they should NEVER become the overwhelmingly dominant form of a humane, livable city, esp in this age of the cute and cuddly.

'Tis a losing battle you propose. GFA runs this city, pure and simple.

I'll add that I love what's proposed here. We've got the best firm in the city working on one of the largest complexes in that city. Win win.

I still think the base is horridly anti-urban. They really should have broken it down into smaller elements that more closely reflects the Harbour Commission Building next door.

There are quite a pile more renderings in the dataBase base listing linked at the top of the page now.

Thanks, 42. I found it funny to see the people depicted in one of the renderings of the podium rooftop amenities look very business-like and in a hurry to be somewhere. Not a typical depiction of people relaxing by a pool or suntanning. All business here. Perhaps they were working next door at One York and need to rush home to their condo over lunch hour :p And maybe that's the whole point of what the marketing dept is going for: work here, live here, and shop here.

Also, I guess the new elevated PATH connection will go from RBC Waterpark Place and through here to the ACC/MLS. That's a very cool feature to by-pass the walk under the Gardiner on a very cold winter's day. I can see this being a great selling feature!

We have officially entered the age of architecture where balconies are the new major design element. I guess it's quicker and cheaper than coming up with an interesting and original idea.

Back