Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Okay I will go dig for the pot of gold on the island... who wants to go dig under 1 Bloor E?

I think Great Gulf got that pot of gold already.

Thanks everyone :) Probably the luckiest shot I'll ever take. It was a complete whim that I even decided to go down to the pier. The rainbow started as a little stub shortly after I arrived and grew to full length over the next 10 minutes. It lasted maybe 1-2 minutes at full length before disappearing completely. Talk about epic timing!

DSC00799.JPG
DSC00800.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00799.JPG
    DSC00799.JPG
    686.4 KB · Views: 1,466
  • DSC00800.JPG
    DSC00800.JPG
    778 KB · Views: 1,478
Thanks everyone :) Probably the luckiest shot I'll ever take. It was a complete whim that I even decided to go down to the pier. The rainbow started as a little stub shortly after I arrived and grew to full length over the next 10 minutes. It lasted maybe 1-2 minutes at full length before disappearing completely. Talk about epic timing!

I suppose it is luck. But I've noticed that people who spend a lot of time working on their craft and developing their eye for beauty seem to be the ones who get the luck.

Thanks for your great work over the years.

Looks like both towers have been top off and doesn't look like they are 67s compare to the ICE towers.

Did floors get cut or are the ceiling height lower than ICE??

Makes no different if you are looking west, south east or north to see how short they are.

Looks like both towers have been top off and doesn't look like they are 67s compare to the ICE towers.

Did floors get cut or are the ceiling height lower than ICE??

Makes no different if you are looking west, south east or north to see how short they are.

Are you sure they're topped out?

Are you sure they're topped out?
All I seen the last few days from various locations while shooting it, is flat slab with no rebar for column for the next floors.

Unless I missing something, it looks like both are top consider there was some floor difference between towers during the construction.

To summarize the gist of this post, the West Tower will end up 228 metres high with 63 storeys, while the East Tower is heading for 67 storeys and 237 metres, (the taller one as stated in the thread title, both as stated in the dataBase file). Work on the West Tower has reached the second mechanical penthouse level, while it has hit the first mechanical penthouse level for the East Tower.

The East Harbour Plaza Residences Tower will end up one metre shorter than Ïce's taller East Tower.

Hmm - trying to find what source made me think that the final height of Ïce East after adjustments was 238m and not 234m. Will poke around!

Oct 14
You get a better shot from the east to see the different between the tower and ICE.

They have added to the flat slab that I saw on Monday & Tuesday

These are rough fix and out of order
29699531223_228beccfda_h.jpg

30244756881_73017c2ec8_h.jpg

30295596536_ba01536722_h.jpg

30295591676_e48fb95e51_h.jpg

30033950550_f807a82c42_h.jpg

Back