Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Honestly the podium precast looks better in person, but that's just about the only compliment I can give to this project ... very similar built form to the 2 red precast brick clad building slightly to the east (forgot the name) but I'm not a huge fan of buildings with huge podiums like this, huge from a horizontal point of view, as they don't due anything to break up the monotony of the base. Now, go to London, you'll see hundreds of buildings just as I'm describing, but, that's where quality matters and they can get away with it, with beautiful stone finishings or the like.

What do you think?, look around...Yuck:eek:

Yep, he's right. It's so messy down there. A top-to-bottom clean up--road re-pavings, hydro burial, utility pole replacement--would turn the area into what it actually is and should be: a classy district of loft-like buildings interspersed with condos, and ideally with nice, cozy, higher-end restaurants.

Negkmuy.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do the pics today scamander.

No problem! I've only got about two weeks left in my current job (currently working as an intern), so I probably wont be able to provide updates for a while. Loved exploring and taking photos while it lasted though!

Back