Toronto Station Place | 134.72m | 40s | First Capital | Diamond Schmitt

This is a Diamond Schmitt plan. Too good for the Six Points? It'll definitely be an improvement over the current local stock.

Here's a major issue that people forget about until they move in. You'd think living right next to a subway station is great. But there are a lot of buses at Kipling Station. Most of which will go "wooooooshhh - beep beep beep" every time they lower and raise the front door. I don't know why the TTC makes the bus kneeling feature warning so loud, but they do. The sound carries to all the condos in the neighbourhood.

Here's a major issue that people forget about until they move in. You'd think living right next to a subway station is great. But there are a lot of buses at Kipling Station. Most of which will go "wooooooshhh - beep beep beep" every time they lower and raise the front door. I don't know why the TTC makes the bus kneeling feature warning so loud, but they do. The sound carries to all the condos in the neighbourhood.

I lived here for several years. The buses are noisy but you get used to it. Also, I think this is easier accept as typical city noise.

The most frequent complaint I heard from people in these buildings were the noise from the freight trains/Go trains. Freight trains would run through all hours of the night and although I believe they are ordered to reduce speed at night... they are still quite loud.

I didn't mind this too much and really didn't notice it after living there for a few months but others are very sensitive to noise and can't get past it.

This is a Diamond Schmitt plan. Too good for the Six Points? It'll definitely be an improvement over the current local stock.

Too good?? It'll inject some much needed class and urbanity into this dreary suburban stretch of Dundas. Now if only the other dozen or so proposals west of this intersection actually gained some traction...

20150511_174628~2.jpg

There was a small fire in there recently... And now Teperman is on the scene...

Attachments

• 20150511_174628~2.jpg
    20150511_174628~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,771
A grocery store is desperately needed here. After losing the No Frills, nothing is within walking distance to these buildings (Food Basics is a bit too far for winter). It is close enough to Kip District that it could serve at least 10 buildings in the immediate area once all of the development is finished.

As mentioned in the story linked in post #22 above, this development's required zoning amendment application has been approved by City Council.

There are fences up around the site now, I presume the businesses have closed ahead of construction.

IMG_3052.jpg
IMG_3053.jpg
IMG_3054.jpg
IMG_3056.jpg
IMG_3057.jpg
IMG_3058.jpg

This is how it looked on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 1,245
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 1,230
  • IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 1,209
  • IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 1,169
i noticed they placed up fences around businesses, seems demolition is coming soon. i see on main and main development website, Dundas & Kipling Station - seems they are preparing for sales on site soon.

Last edited:

Back