Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Great! I'm fairly new too. Not to sound rude, snarky, or petulent, but.... Where is this contribution of which you speak?

Hi, I'll be in the GTA for about a week in mid-April, as a Photographer I plan to bring my camera, Of course I'll be sure to travel across the city in mission to contribute, I'll do my best to stay away from all the tourist destinations of course!

Toronto_oneLOVE: enjoy your trip here, and welcome to UT, but please keep your posts on topic in the threads. Thank you!

Thanks you guys, I've only ever been to Toronto once, back in 09'..I very quicky fell inlove with the city!!
..Also..I maay find the CN Tower, Dundas Square, But I know locations like these aren't what make a city truley beautiful!, I'll be sure to venture further out of the safe zone! :p

ps. Im Sorry for taking the spot light off trump ;) I hope I wont get sued

Right Now I think trump is my favourite project..
I guess what im still wondering about is why of all locations that Donald could have built his tower on..why did he choose this little hidden patch? I bet I wouldn't even notice this tower if I were to be walking up bay street unless I were to look up...
I havent seen this project in person yet..my question is, is this tower prominent? I know it's quite tall..But would an everyday person or a first time tourist be sure to see it? It's so hidden :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The best view, in my opinion is looking east down Adelaide from around John st ... the bonus here is that that view also includes shangri-la which, by time you are here should be much taller and much more cladded! The beauty of Trump, I think, is not that it can be seen from everywhere, but that it packs in the density of the CBD. Again, enjoy your trip !

I've always said its a terrible location aesthetically, though desirable logistically.... here's the most recent post from TTT's facebook page:

5431730533_540cbdc3e2_o.jpg

Last edited:
What's it say about Toronto, when we fret over a 900ft ++ project, blending in and not being noticable??? You would have a hard time "hiding" this tower in most CBD's. You coudnt hide it in Atlanta, Dallas, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. even in NY or Chi, you would notice this beast. I think the most intriguing pics are when the density, gets so you have a hard time separating them. At night that will be a blur of lights for sure.!!!

I still feel it will be plenty noticable, esp. once the crown is lit, the eye will scan thru the boxiness to see where thats coming from.

What's it say about Toronto, when we fret over a 900ft ++ project, blending in and not being noticable??? You would have a hard time "hiding" this tower in most CBD's. You coudnt hide it in Atlanta, Dallas, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. even in NY or Chi, you would notice this beast. I think the most intriguing pics are when the density, gets so you have a hard time separating them. At night that will be a blur of lights for sure.!!!

I still feel it will be plenty noticable, esp. once the crown is lit, the eye will scan thru the boxiness to see where thats coming from.

The main issue is that it doesn't look that great from the side at a medium distance. From street level, I think it looks fine, and as you pointed out, the dome will make a nice impact on the skyline. The building's location is really convenient because thanks to all the tall buildings surrounding it, the sides go relatively unnoticed for a 900ft+ building.

when in doubt, refer to the Skyscraperpage diagrams!
though they won't tell you the floor difference between the two, i'd say it's a 5 floor difference from BA's roof (6 or 7 if you want to include mechanical).

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12

Interesting that 14 of the 25 tallest buildings in the city either don't exist yet or are currently under construction. 8 of the top 25 buildings are under construction as we speak. And of the top 10, 3 are under construction and another 2 are proposed. I don't think that there are very many cities in the world that can claim they are going to have 5 of their top 10 tallest buildings bumped off that list in the next 5 years.

i hope that as those buildings get completed new ones of around the same size are proposed and take there place

400' seemed to be the average height for buildings built during this current boom. I think that 500' will be the new low, normal, for the next round of proposals. Higher in the core. Still, I don't think we'll see much if anything over 1000' for a few more cycles.

With 167 and 200+ metre condos going up mid-block and north of Dundas, I expect that we'll commonly see proposals over 150 metres during the next cycle.

400' seemed to be the average height for buildings built during this current boom. I think that 500' will be the new low, normal, for the next round of proposals. Higher in the core. Still, I don't think we'll see much if anything over 1000' for a few more cycles.

The real question is where these 400'+ buildings will be located. South of Bloor between Bathurst and the DVP is pretty much a given, but beyond that a lot of the higher density development has been either nodal or along certain corridors. I'm sure these corridors and nodes will continue to see development, but it will be interesting to see what new areas outside of the traditional core become development hot-spots. That is to say, where the next big pocket of high density buildings will be in the outer 416 and inner 905.

Back