Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

The name changing is strong with this thread... :p

Update: The Trump Toronto hotel website is no longer active, with it also being removed as a destination from the international website portal.

I'm curious as to what has occurred with guests who have made advance bookings with the hotel. Full-on cancellation? Or a simple email notifying of a change in branding to the Adelaide Hotel and a thank you/goodbye letter to the existing one? I assume current hotel management and staff have remained in place to keep disruptions to a minimum for guests, but what a bizarre and sudden chain of events...

If interior renovations in common areas and amenity spaces are to occur eventually as believed, this will be half-baked situation, if areas become 'off limits' to guests. I wonder if they'll offer discounted rates or promotions during the changeover.

The new Adelaide Hotel marquee

IMG_0470.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 792
For a lot less time and money this is almost as positive a development as the FCP reclad.

So much truth here. It's just like a bucket of cool water on a hot day, these elegant, small changes have so much impact. I'm already forgetting that it was ever here and looking at the building with fresh, positive eyes.

So much truth here. It's just like a bucket of cool water on a hot day, these elegant, small changes have so much impact. I'm already forgetting that it was ever here and looking at the building with fresh, positive eyes.

Well, to be fair, the building itself is still a jumbled, inelegant pos, but it's an anonymous, mostly hidden, pos that won't cause throw-up-in-mouth-syndrome when glancing at it.

I'm curious as to what has occurred with guests who have made advance bookings with the hotel. Full-on cancellation?

I've been through this kind of thing many times as a customer; even once in Toronto (King Edward rebranding).

They almost always honour the reservation (it's still revenue) unless it interferes with renovations in some way. They also tend to honour any type of status you had with the previous chain (I.e. room upgrades, meals, etc.) BUT they will not give you points for the old program. Once the hotel system is kicked out of the network, they really don't have a way to give points, or night/stay credits. Corporate will often honour credits if you ask nicely.

That said, I don't think Trump Hotels has a guest loyalty program, so it boils down to honouring the simple reservation as paid. Given the vacancy rates, it should be easy to honour those and take 2 or 3 floors out of service to begin renovations.

Some interesting information on the new owners and plans for this site

Toronto’s former Trump Tower launches rebranded luxury condos
Luxury residences are being re-launched under the St. Regis name with a new financial foundation.

The St. Regis Residences will be priced between $1.6 million and $23 million and range from 1,310 sq. ft. to 12,000 sq. ft.
More........https://www.thestar.com/business/re...p-tower-launches-rebranded-luxury-condos.html

Back