Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Has anyone else noticed that putrid odour whenever you walk along this part of Bay St. next to the construction site? The first few times I thought it was homeless urine on the side of the building (the vents on the street corner are a popular hangout), but now I think it's closer to pure ammonia. Are window washers at BNS dumping their buckets into those street grills?!

I was kind of picturing Eastern Europe, so Albanian sounds right on the money!

Hi there, join-date buddy :)

Newbie in the sense of volume of postings, and lameness in the sense of pointing out someone's grammatical shortfalls on an internet forum dedicated to a construction project.

Has anyone else noticed that putrid odour whenever you walk along this part of Bay St. next to the construction site? The first few times I thought it was homeless urine on the side of the building (the vents on the street corner are a popular hangout), but now I think it's closer to pure ammonia.

It is the old sewers downtown. There are numerous spots around the downtown core with that problem. The old system of installing sewers didn't separate sewage from storm water which means the sewers in many parts of the old city are like vents to sewage. They should really prioritize the replacement of these downtown sewers with the two pipe solution.

Sometimes the humour is lost...

If you consider that humour ...

At this stage, I'm fairly certain most have resigned themselves to the Trump Stump over a boarded up sales centre and parking lot.

If you consider that humour ...

At this stage, I'm fairly certain most have resigned themselves to the Trump Stump over a boarded up sales centre and parking lot.

To the otherwise humourless, yes.

Thanks for the link. Darn, I wished I had known about this. I would have watched the Sales Office come down. I am assuming the Trump lot is in the lower left hand corner of the screen while viewing?

Yes the left hand side there. You could only see half of the sales centre when it was there actually, but I could tell it was down when it was.

The sales center, parking booth and sign are gone. They have started breaking up the sales center foundation a few minutes ago.

It really looks like something is starting in earnest over there.

The sales center, parking booth and sign are gone. They have started breaking up the sales center foundation a few minutes ago.

It really looks like something is starting in earnest over there.

Why, it's a new sales centre! Trump's out of the picture and Talon's rebranding the project: expect construction to begin in 2009...

Why, it's a new sales centre! Trump's out of the picture and Talon's rebranding the project: expect construction to begin in 2009...

And the sad thing is, I had to stop and think for one second and decide whether you were serious or not. It would be that 'unsurprising'.

Has there been any info about a new sales centre and where it may be located? I'm sure there are still units available that Talon might want to get rid of and now that construction is commencing, there might be some more interest in the project now that it's not "questionable".

omg ...look at the BA webcam.

Shoring equipment at Trump.

God have mercy!! Amen!!

trumpbumpja6.jpg

Back