Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I'm so excited this project is going to happen! Since 2003, we've been anticipating this...finally, construction!!

Every time I see a rendering of this building, I want it to be built even less. It looks horrible in every future skyline rendering I've come across. Totally out of place. I may look okay at street level, but hopefully it'll be hidden from most angles at its reduced height by future density in the central business district.

True, though the citizens of our fair city will still have to wait several generations before the wrecking ball rids us of this monstrosity and the stain on the reputation of this generation of city-builders is partially washed away.

Every time I see a rendering of this building, I want it to be built even less. It looks horrible in every future skyline rendering I've come across. Totally out of place. I may look okay at street level, but hopefully it'll be hidden from most angles at its reduced height by future density in the central business district.

I have an idea, stop looking at renderings.

Img125.jpg

I'm not a huge fan but I do welcome anything that adds variety to Toronto architecture. Setbacks are always nice too. And given that it'll be almost 1000 feet, it'll be fun to watch this one go up.

I think it looks fine. Perhaps the naysayers who thought it would never get built, have now switched to spending their time jeering about how ugly it looks to them. lol.

Half of these treads are filled with negative comments about EVERYTHING. Gets a bit tiresome after a while, especially when you go to other cities threads and you don't see it.

But how boring it would be if eveything was perfect and everyone liked it.

What I like about the Trump building is how the top will light up. You always see other world-class cities have buildings with unique tops that light up. Trump will be a refreshing addition. It will certainly dillute the bank sign monopoly.

I don't have too much of a problem with this building. It looks kind of retro-80s which is kind of cool. The only part I'm not sure about is the little doo-dad on the top. I like doo-dads fine, but just not this one...looks a little awkward to me.

^ I agree, the building would look better without the quarter-onion and spire. I can see why it was added on the earlier version, since it would have allowed the building to be marketed as the tallest in Toronto, but it serves no purpose now.

Bill

Back