Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I love this tower. The only thing that bothers me is that it seems like it's hiding. You can only see the top 50-70ft or so. Most of the building is hidden among the big bank buildings. Is there any angle where you can see a larger impact on the skyline? I just think it's a shame that such a prominent tall building would barely change Toronto's skyline.

I love this tower. The only thing that bothers me is that it seems like it's hiding. You can only see the top 50-70ft or so. Most of the building is hidden among the big bank buildings. Is there any angle where you can see a larger impact on the skyline? I just think it's a shame that such a prominent tall building would barely change Toronto's skyline.

Observe Trump at s/w corner of Avenue Road and Bloor, near the ROM. Trump does something nice to the Bay St. canyon from this vantage point.

BTW I love the lighted beacon. I saw it on the first night it was lit (being tested) approximately a month ago, coming back to TO on QEW after visiting some relatives in 'ssauga. This is a cool touch to the skyline.

Is this the only spire in the world where the top is the WIDEST part?
Of course it is!

70c2db28.jpg

9dcdbaf2.png

A walk around the block

I love this angle - 4 very distinct buildings

Observe Trump at s/w corner of Avenue Road and Bloor, near the ROM. Trump does something nice to the Bay St. canyon from this vantage point.

BTW I love the lighted beacon. I saw it on the first night it was lit (being tested) approximately a month ago, coming back to TO on QEW after visiting some relatives in 'ssauga. This is a cool touch to the skyline.

I agree. I love this building. It was built extremely well and it looks absolutely stunning, especially from afar.

As reported in The Grid, Michael Snow's "next major project, a massive public art piece called Lightline, will illuminate one of the newest additions to Toronto’s skyline. “I composed a large number of abstract white-light animation compositions, which will vary every night,” he says of the project, scheduled to brighten up one corner of Trump Tower starting in September. “The ‘canvas’ is 60 storeys high, and what happens on it will be visible from a long way away. It will be very noticeable.”

Back