Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

steveve is going full pano mode. but what sucks is i have to crop it, because it looks weird in photoshop auto stitch with the sides sticking out and what not, but i'm working on it. thats why the photo is so skinny, and i have to cut off the sides of the base of the tower.

if anyone has any pano tips for CS, pm me,

took a lot of panos for different projects, i'll post them when i process em,

7634036840_46a17e83e5_b.jpg

7634036840_46a17e83e5.jpg

You are doing it right steveve, you have to clip the sides off otherwise you get a weird shape. Great shot! I have tried (and failed) that shot many times but never considered doing a pano. Awesome job

for whatever flaws this tower might have, it adds a very nice touch to the skyline from wherever you view it, (mostly the dome and spire part of it )

7644824156_3a971d19c6_c.jpg

7644821338_9974649ff1_b.jpg

pano:
7644818274_610d532519_b.jpg

EDIT:

more Trump from monday:

7644911744_987f30f6b1_c.jpg

7644905678_a65891eb61_c.jpg

7644915080_9fff55dedb_c.jpg

Last edited:
the problem for me is that the spire section looks like it is just tacked on to a box and gives a minimal visual impact. It is best seen from the north and west (better closer rather than far away) where the mechanical box is not so noticeable, but looking up Bay Street from the south or Adelaide from the east you almost dont see the spire at all...

I havent really been following this thread recently - does anyone know if the mechanical box is going to be covered in green glass? That may (or may not) help it.

Steveve - sometimes you can use the edit / distort function to get those weird pano shapes to look more rectangular, but then you will lose the straight lines of the buildings...

What I've always thought about Trump's spire is that the curved back of it should have encompassed the entire top of the building, instead of just one corner.

Is the LED strip turned on every night? I haven't seen it the last few nights.

They are still doing tests and the necessary repairs to get in proper working order. The nights it has been on have been solely for test purposes

Is the LED strip turned on every night? I haven't seen it the last few nights.

I haven't seen any testing at all for just about a week now.

From an interview with Michael Snow in The Grid:

3. For his next masterpiece, he’s taking on the Trump Tower.

Snow turns 83 years old this year, but his creative pace hasn’t slowed over time: In the last year alone, he’s performed concerts, delivered lectures, and held exhibitions in Spain, England, Austria, Turkey, and New York. His next major project, a massive public art piece called Lightline, will illuminate one of the newest additions to Toronto’s skyline. “I composed a large number of abstract white-light animation compositions, which will vary every night,†he says of the project, scheduled to brighten up one corner of Trump Tower starting in September. “The ‘canvas’ is 60 storeys high, and what happens on it will be visible from a long way away. It will be very noticeable.â

Back