Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Great Photos!

Amazing photos being taken lately! You guys are out-shooting my professional photographers! Cheers and many thanks!

I think Trump works really well from only either close up or far away.

From the street at it's base, it's foreshortened beyond all caring. From far away, you can see it's counterpoint in size to Scotia Plaza, it's regular floors and it's fancy top corner.

From in-between distances though, with all it's irregularities showing,the middle section looks to be unhappily thought-out, and is probably best for being hidden.

Last edited:
Looking south from Bay and College:
6141739331_da7ce56343_b.jpg

sept12/11

Wow, DC83, you beat me to it by minutes!

^ Looks pretty average, but I would probably still prefer that over our "Trump" building.

Although just like ours, it's more of a marketing strategy than a real Trump development:

From the article:

The project isn't actually planned by the famous Trump property company, but rather by a local developer, the Century City Development Corporation on a plot in Makati City, which has come up with the idea of licensing the brand and name from Trump to label their new development with which will be displayed prominently from the top of the tower.

Irrelevent but funny tidbit of information:

This isn't the first time Century City Developments has tried to cash in on American branding and celebrity, they previously involved Paris Hilton with the Azure Beach Club, the design of which she was allegedly involved with.

Last edited:
i wonder if we'll be able to see this from the water??? it's definitly bright enough.... but it's kinda facing in a different direction

You'll def be able to see the Dome & Spire lit up from the water, and Island.

EDIT: I took this from the Island last week. You can clearly see the dome and (what will be the) sprire from this vantage point.

a2c8ca6c.jpg

Last edited:
d3c65cbc.jpg

dd79f189.jpg

By me just now

OMG! that looks AMAZING!!!! and here we were complaining about the KPMG logo being too bright lol!!!

looks good. and looks like they'll be able to do many colours here ( i think it looks like purple in that shot)

900 feet of vertical lighting FTW!

EDIT: on second thought, i looks like a GIANT LIGHTSABER!!!! Yoda would be proud...

Oh Dammit steveve that just ruined it for me.... Everytime i see this now ill be thinking of the noise a lightsaber makes when it turns on

LOL!!!!... it's gonna be awesome under different colour schemes.... People walking by will be saying, "oh... red!.... tonight, it's Darth Vader!"

Back