Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

hmmm, I can't imagine many people would want to sleep under a giant skylight glass roof. Trying to think of what it would be like on a night with thunder and lightning! Maybe they left that part of the model open so that you could look into the space and see the full effect of the stairway and windows?

Thunder and lightning would be the greatest thing ever!!!!! Now a Sunday Morning after a long night of drinking would be the absolute worst.....

hmmm, I can't imagine many people would want to sleep under a giant skylight glass roof. Trying to think of what it would be like on a night with thunder and lightning! Maybe they left that part of the model open so that you could look into the space and see the full effect of the stairway and windows?

very possible, me, personally, wouldn't mind sleeping under a big skylight, but not a GIANT SKYLIGHT,... but if that is the case, i think it's extraordinary looking up at the onion dome, it's like a giant sculpture right at the foot of your bed...

I still can't get over how exceptionally extraordinarily epic that master bedroom is, what makes it for me is the staircase at the corner, enclosed in all that glass, it's a spectacular open space... me wants!

That dome structure is quite spectacular when viewed close up as in those images. I always imagined it as quite 'flimsy' in terms of feeling sort of tacked on as an afterthought, but in fact it looks quite substantial and solid. I like.

Steveve, the maquette (or scale model) of a building's units, almost never feature a roof, so the potential purchaser may to see into the space. Remember the pictures of Shangrila's Penthouse?.... The ceiling and walls were ALL Plexiglas... I don't think that will be the case when they build it.

The penthouse Master Retreat will most likely contain 14 foot ceilings (fully covered over in fancy, coffer plaster recesses.) just like the examples of ceilings we have seen in the rest of Trump's interiors. I imagine the actual space under the dome will be framework to support the spire above and not open to the bedroom below it.

While I love the staircase, I like the idea of the private elevator surrounded by that staircase even more. I would hope the designers would do a modern take on the brass -cage elevators of the late 19th century. So that when riding it you could see out the spire, at the view as you rose.

Update this design and wouldn't this be a fitting look for under the onion dome?...

UEC.Cage.Elevator.jpg

(Image courtesy Universal Elevator found here: http://universalelevator.com/mpc/docs/Site/Glass Elev..html )

gotcha ^^^, and lol, the onion on top of the elevator!... priceless! :D

EDIT: LOL! Traynor, double/triple post! glitches FTW!

Last edited:
Ya, I'm sure the ceiling won't be glass. That spire will need to be uplit. At least I hope it will be! No point in having an architectural flair like that, and leaving it dark.

According to the schematics wopchop has posted, the spire will be "made of glass" (?) and lit from within, so there will be no need to light it from dome-mounted flood-lamps. Still, that does not mean the dome will be transparent. That large of a skylight would be a maintenance issue that would be quite a headache. Not to mention, difficult to obscure with window coverings if the owner wanted to block out the morning light. LOL

Checked on the trump hotel toronto site and it seems they do not take bookings prior to November 2 so I am guessing the hotel opening will be delayed till that date

ty for that info WopChop.... It's been slow in floor pours lately, but it is expected, and i expect that trend to continue on for the remaining portion of the tower.

Any idea when level 56 will be poured by?

Any idea when level 56 will be poured by?
Yeah, things will slow down, for sure.

They're a bit further behind than normal because the crane was broken all last week, and was limited to light hoisting. They fed through over 2,000 feet of new cable on Friday.

I believe that L56 is more or less 50% complete. We'll probably see progress by mid to late next week.

Back