Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

June 18 and 19
They were still lefting with the crane at 7:30 pm Sat night.
5852851794_3bfabd5122_b.jpg

5852853032_231f69fb88_b.jpg

5852248879_1c1850c0e6_b.jpg

5852807488_a8068b9fdd_b.jpg

5852804608_3870c75c34_b.jpg

5852806238_b2f109d691_b.jpg

5852796888_5335c53258_b.jpg

5852793256_d0b3869c84_b.jpg

5852790892_de22a8d2e9_b.jpg

5852157434_5c926c7b42_b.jpg

5851604091_5920c692e4_b.jpg

you gotta love how the base of the spire is fully prominent/sticking out. such anticipation/suspense built.

And as for the view, i understand why people would rather face the skyline, than be in it, but for me, personally, it seems too awesome being in the centre of it all, looking down on bay/king, in the leagues with all the other huge office towers in the area. it is what i call an "epic" view. Shangri-la would be my 2nd choice for view, followed by Four Seasons/Aura. Aura by far has the best 360 degree views, since it's smack in the middle of the skyline. And Shangri-la has the best of both worlds, it's right on the edge of the CBD, but close enough to all the big skyscrapers, yet, has a clear view to the west.

Those last few shoots looked similar to the ones I shot on Sat and a little while after me. I have not posted them and they are up on my site along with a batch more of this tower.

I caught it from a few new angles further north on Yonge, as well from King St.

Getting a good shot from the south is hard and only a few spots you can get a shot from while at ground level.

The Scotia Tower is one of my favour towers, but it blocks some good angle shots of this tower.

awesome pics Architect! ^^^
this tower is getting really surreal now, it's so high up, has such a big presence, that it looks like a render.

like in this pic:
(By The_Architect on previous page)
480ci.jpg

And here are the wicked sweet large versions of the Super Penthouse, posted by Traynor:

i find this penthouse jaw dropping. one of/if not the coolest most unique piece of property in the sky (toronto wise). just blows everything out of the water.

56th Floor:

57th Floor:

58th Floor:

(Screen captures from the Trump International Data page at UrbanToronto's Database found here: http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/trump-international-hotel-tower-toronto )

Thanks steveve!

I forgot to post this one other photo I got walking along Yonge.. It just stood out to me seeing it peek through the gap like that. Trump really has to fight Scotia for attention, that's for sure.

476jz.jpg

Photo by me.

KPMG sign lighting up Trump (I wonder how annoying the light will be to those with units across from it):

5855516644_2d3fc30ceb_b.jpg

View from John & Adelaide:

5854964267_ef7e8bb1b0_b.jpg

Last edited:
The fact that the city is willing to barter height for art (Increased density in lieu of monies spent on neighbourhood improvements ie: parks, high-end sidewalk surfacing, planting of trees and artwork.) is fine I suppose (though I personally hate the dishonesty of sham density limitations, designed to extort monies from private business for civic improvments, council is unwilling to raise taxes to pay for itself.) but I am not willing to be thankful for a bright strip of light and fail to see how it improves my life or those standing around Bay and Adelaide. Just more light pollution and gimicky attention getting.

Traynor, you are mixing two separate policies into one. S.37 benefits are provided for increases in height and density that go towards community improvements such as streetlights, crosswalks, park improvements, affordable housing, etc. How much money and what the money goes towards is negotiated between the City and the developer. Yes, it could go towards "public art" if that's what the local councilor (on behalf of their constituents) want. This is mandated throughout the Province under the Planning Act.

The City of Toronto also has a separate program where 1% of construction costs go towards public art. I may be mistaken but I believe the proposed public art for each qualifying development goes before Community Council for approval.

Stunning night pic!
though i am very very confused at to what is going on.

As of now, are we pouting the final floor of Trump? (the skyplex and the mechanical?)

I imagine that they will be forced to shut off the KPMG sign once the condos get occupancy. You should see how bright it is when you're up on those floors at night! It reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld with the Kenny Rogers Chicken Sign.

5855516644_2d3fc30ceb_b.jpg

As of right now, the top is the formwork for the slab of L56.

The majority of the RCS starts at L54 and extends down to L50 (minus the NW corner,where it sneaks down to the slab of L49)

Good way to judge the tower height is to look for the monorail (the horizontal rails) that you see on the North and West sides crossing the openings between the columns. That is L49. The majority of the RCS will be disappearing in the very near future, so it'll be the best constant point of reference.

Last edited:
Now I am thoroughly confused as well....

According to the floor plans for the Skyplex, Level 56 is a full floor that the Skyplex gets the North half of. Then the first top setback floor is Level 57, the second floor of the Skyplex and finally we have Level 58, which is the Master Bedroom Retreat. So that would make the forms in this night shot by nicetommy the last floor Level 58.

?????????

(Image courtesy nicetommy in this thread.)

Last edited:

Back