Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

That one in particular screams out "how Trump can you get"

Now thats tacky with all that moulding.:eek:

Anyways here something interesting from DCN...http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id44634

Colossal Concrete Pour at Trump International Hotel and Tower in Toronto

A total of 600 cubic metres of concrete was poured continuously over a 20-hour period this week at the 54th floor of the Trump International Hotel and Tower site in downtown Toronto.

The operation got under way at 3 a.m. Monday and wrapped up at 11 p.m. that evening. Construction manager Lewis Builds Corp. said the continuous pour was required to prevent cold joints in the 850-mm-thick concrete floor slab. Concrete was pumped at a rate of about 30 cubic metres an hour by Pumpcrete, under the supervision of subcontractor Associated Structures Ltd.

Colossal Concrete Pour at Trump International Hotel and Tower in Toronto

A total of 600 cubic metres of concrete was poured continuously over a 20-hour period this week at the 54th floor of the Trump International Hotel and Tower site in downtown Toronto.

The operation got under way at 3 a.m. Monday and wrapped up at 11 p.m. that evening. Construction manager Lewis Builds Corp. said the continuous pour was required to prevent cold joints in the 850-mm-thick concrete floor slab. Concrete was pumped at a rate of about 30 cubic metres an hour by Pumpcrete, under the supervision of subcontractor Associated Structures Ltd.

What the heck, why do they need a "Colossal Pour" way up on level 54?? Isn't that just the 1st floor of the super penthouse? Is it for a transfer slab? Why would they need one with only 4 full sized floors left... :confused:

Last edited:
Because the big secret is that they're going to build an entire second Trump on top of the first Trump!!!!

... I wish :p

What the heck, why do they need a "Colossal Pour" way up on level 54?? Isn't that just the 1st floor of the super penthouse? Is it for a transfer slab? Why would they need one with only 4 full sized floors left... :confused:

Four floors and a one hundred and fifty ton monstrosity, which will be sitting directly on level 54.

(L56 is also a transfer slab)

Last edited:
I quite like the interior with the dark walls and lighting design... the lobby elevators I'm assuming? Do not like the hallways with the extensive mouldings, way too busy and the corbels along the ceiling are just way too much. Tacky is indeed a word that comes to mind.

i have no idea why this concrete pour makes news lol! but i'll take it!

Here's some images grabbed off the link:
*the views are crazy!!!
http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id44634

95.jpg

96.jpg

Here is a poor quality photo I snapped today from Dufferin Street near Exhibition Place. It clearly shows the impact Trump will have on many as they approach the city via the Gardiner.

Exhibition Downtown.jpg

Attachments

• Exhibition Downtown.jpg
    Exhibition Downtown.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 380
Here is a poor quality photo I snapped today from Dufferin Street near Exhibition Place. It clearly shows the impact Trump will have on many as they approach the city via the Gardiner.

View attachment 7441

great pic! fingers crossed the onion dome + spire will make this one get a lot of attention when coming into the city from the west. crazy that the spire will be taller than scotia plaza! (trump has a ways to go)

wow, those column support things for the transfer floors are huge. this is the floor that brings it above the bay adelaide centre... is it just coincidence that they designed the transfer floor to begin here?

Back