Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Agreed. I never hear anyone complaining about the uneven floor heights on Absolute World

Well clearly they aren't even noticeable and are nicely integrated into the design. Who would have even noticed that?

On Trump, no effort was made to create a feeling of continuity and cohesion. There are so many different floor heights and it's distracting.

Well clearly they aren't even noticeable and are nicely integrated into the design. Who would have even noticed that?

On Trump, no effort was made to create a feeling of continuity and cohesion. There are so many different floor heights and it's distracting.

I notice it most every time I see the Absolute towers and on most other building that has gone up. I happen to like that they have not made an effort to hide it on Trump and I like the random quality that it adds. It seems to me that they not only made an effort NOT to hide the varying floor heights, but actually incorporated it into the design and accentuated it with the fritted stripes on the glass. Its obviously an intentional design component and its up to the viewer to decide if they like it. You and many others obviously don't.

I find it refreshing... Not distracting

Bay Street is beautiful. Thanks for the photos steveve!

5772274699_f069ba8deb_b.jpg

From King West:

5773753150_a7b5d3ccd1_b.jpg

OMGEEE!! amazing shot!. Trump fills in this gap quite nicely, and really just adds to the greatness of TO's skyline.

and regarding the distraction that is the varied floor heights on Trump, TRAYNOR! put together a little photoshop multiplying the regular glass floors up a little bit! just to give us a sample of the final thing!.... please :) :)

OMGEEE!! amazing shot!. Trump fills in this gap quite nicely, and really just adds to the greatness of TO's skyline.

and regarding the distraction that is the varied floor heights on Trump, TRAYNOR! put together a little photoshop multiplying the regular glass floors up a little bit! just to give us a sample of the final thing!.... please :) :)

Would be interesting to see. Everything from L33 to penthouse level (L54) is the same height. Kind of interested to see how this continuity changes the appearance of the tower.

Last edited:
May 29: They were erecting the steel framing for the top floor columns on Sunday, with other crews working on various floors.
5775833773_6d12e5d3bf_b.jpg

5775838225_ed82363a9b_b.jpg

5776381880_1a283a4b12_b.jpg

5776364770_c9040d68ce_b.jpg

5776361010_660e2434e2_b.jpg

5776325474_69d79d0d7f_b.jpg

The balconies look wider than I expected. Still not wide enough for that height IMO (although Casa's PH balcs look terrifying.. and this from someone who loves heights!)

53 floors are complete. They have the slab of 54 done, and are working on the columns.

I was under the impression they were for the 2 levels of the skylobby.

Yup. The lower floor has the restaurant and spa. The upper floor will be the residential skylobby, which has the gym and pool.

May 29: They were erecting the steel framing for the top floor columns on Sunday, with other crews working on various floors.
5775833773_6d12e5d3bf_b.jpg

OMG WAIT WUT?!!
i just saw the height difference on the uppermost floor that was just poured (level 53 i think), didn't think it was right since it's 59 floors, then i remembered that it will be 57 floors, so i think this is the beginning of the penthouse suites... soon followed by the super penthouse suites. i can't believe this thing is so near to top off....

the next few floors should be fun to watch!

Back