Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

wow, those column support things for the transfer floors are huge. this is the floor that brings it above the bay adelaide centre... is it just coincidence that they designed the transfer floor to begin here?
Aye, the penthouse floors are over 5m tall.

5m!!?!?!!!! that's like over 15 feet tall! .... WOW! :D
nice avatar btw ;)

Yeah, those will be pretty ridiculous spaces when complete. The height, the large terraces, the penthouse inside the onion dome ... I know that a lot of people are hating on the exterior, but the 360 degree view from the inside of that dome is going to be spectacular. Kind of sad that it's a private residence. Maybe I'll claim squatters rights.

And thanks for it, it was a great picture ;)

Starting to show from the north:

5802323725_e54f8f62f2_b.jpg

... this building is actually good work, and I mean very good work, at street level. I gazed from sidewalk at northwest corner of Bay/Adelaide about two hours ago and beheld the lines and gestures at street level. The continuity from Bay to Yonge along Adelaide has been enhanced by this building's connecting up to the Scotia atrium, and southward on Bay the connected feel is similar - the eye can take in the horizontals all the way down to King at the three-storey level.

Looking up, at same corner, I found that I liked what I saw. I think it is a well tailored 'scraper. If you are into uniformity and conformity, however, then you won't like this building. That's life.

In other words I strongly disagree with C. Hume this time around (with respect he is a valuable critic). My only complaint is that the building lacks about ten storeys - now that would have made a statement.

I'm with you!

Steveve's pictures from last week show how well the lower floors of this building connect with the existing historic buildings on Bay Street. The photo was so hardcore, I thought that when Trump is finished, it will look it had been there for 60 years. With the exception of the eastern wall, which should have been glass glazing (IMO), this building looks pretty good, and fits in well, even with the hoarding still up.

Despite Donald's nature, his buildings are very friendly/work well with their surrounding areas. The setbacks, materials, etc... try to mimic their surroundings, not to mention, this tower will fit right in to the CBD skyline. Trump Chicago also incorporated setbacks that match buildings around them.

Look at the way the lower portion of Trump fits in with it's surroundings. ( The only thing unfortunate about Trump is the East Wall, and the choice of spandrel colour, other than that, it's pretty cool.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^ Those two "unfortunate" things are okay by me. On a recent trip to Manhattan I saw an entire 'scraper in the teal colour and I liked it a lot (I think it is on 6th). The east wall of Trump seems to bug a lot of people but I am not into that sort of thing, I like the difference that it brings. Things don't need to have uniformity in the world of TonyV.

Well to be honest, the East Wall doesn't bother me "that" much. It's more the spandrel, cause had they gone with a darker shade, it would have blended in with the glass, and hidden all the uneven floors. Which is almost everyone's complaint.

To me, it's the shape of the tower and combination of granite on the east side that looks off. but as you look from the north-east, it doesn't look as bad.

Back