Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

You're all going on about it looking like some fraction of an onion, but you're all wrong. It looks like a garlic clove; a sprouted garlic clove. From now on it should be called the Garlic Clove.

^I believe I just said that a few posts ago and if you go back months you will see I called it a Clove of Garlic dome waaaaay back then too.

Just sayin'

:p

Haha damn, and here I thought I was so clever. Credit where credit is due though; hopefully it'll catch on this time.

May 11
5712777654_4f184ec73d_b.jpg

5712213415_f29eee9683_b.jpg

5712212057_0b30f7068c_b.jpg

5712771982_0dfdca9952_b.jpg

5712764802_4c1773517b_b.jpg

[video=youtube;mGbnFnEnGI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbnFnEnGI8[/video]

This morning on my way to work

So is the hotel actually open for guests while all this is going on? If it is, I hope they are getting a discount off the 5-Star pricing, while they put up with this kind of inconvenience.

So is the hotel actually open for guests while all this is going on? If it is, I hope they are getting a discount off the 5-Star pricing, while they put up with this kind of inconvenience.

Traynor, I don't think so....they got their occupancy permit, which allowed them to hold a couple of functions, i.e. a fashion show, but I don't believe they are accepting hotel reservations until Aug 1

No, there are no guests that I know of. A lot of the hotel suites and floors are still being worked upon (finishes, basically).

Awesome updates everyone!!! looking forward to seeing the entire ground level portion completed,
i'm guessing this lobby is going to be small though, how high are the ceilings on the ground floor lobby?
the lobby at trump chicago is pretty nice and open, this one seems like it's a bit more closed and private,

anyway,
I like this shot of the cladding by drum:
despite the mis-match cladding, i always like the metallic, shiny, look of the glass. it's sorta unique in appearance. :)

I have a feeling that when this building is complete, it may look like a success or a failure depending on how you look at it. If you point it out as a recently completed high profile project then it will seem underwhelming but if you just pretend it was built back in the 80s then it may seem like an acceptable part of the skyline.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement but it's the feeling I'm getting so far.

Back