Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

the building is amazing and is the most exciting project in the city, but the city view in the beginning of the vid was a disappointment because it reminded me of a small city like winnipeg or hamilton. The latest pic is ugly but sleek and i hope the tt ends up like the old render. Cant wait till its done!

^^^ well that would be great if we get that original proposal, but the concern is that this rendering shown in the video is out of date even if it is still being published as recently as today. It shows the original 65 storey render while clearly mentioning 60 storeys in reference to the revised height. And thus the confusion as to what we will end up with...

Ya, and the mention of the transfer slab in the video doesn't help matters either. Usually those are made when setbacks are created, or floor layouts change.

oh my god... ^^^^^
amazing angle CML, but man does trump look UGLY! the cladding has fallen so far behind here it looks like a skeleton! and the setback on the east side looks really off balance! i'm sure these things will be fixed as it grows taller but it's weird.
trump = out of place at the moment. (and some will say it always was)

Feb 23 from Bloor St
5475180226_5c08aba04a_b.jpg

Just checked the hotel website and it looks like all of June and July is fully booked. Wonder if that is true or they are expecting to delay the opening until August 1 now.

I'm wondering if I'd prefer "see-through" to the actual look of this thing.

What is it that is so offensive about this project? I am asking sincerely since I just don't see it. It looks terrible right now, yes, but skeletons don't usually look good without flesh on their bones.

It has been widely acknowledged around these parts that no one here knows what the final project will look like, but that doesn't seem to stop the prognosticaters with their crystal ball hate-ons

Back