Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

that last pic is takes coolness to a whole new level ^^^
the big 3 shall we call them? cause these towers are absolutely HUGE over yonge street. possibly sad once BA2 is built. we won't see trump at all from here.

What's that crane thing ^^^ (the praying mantis machine) for?

Hoarding on the north side is being removed right now.

I know what is happening!!!!
The curved facade is going bye-bye!!!
hopefully all these setbacks are gonna look good.
don't kill me for using an old picture:
donaldtrumpintoronto_large.jpg

The floorplans for the units don't show the north side stepping back again, so either the floorplans are inaccurate or they're taking the panels off for some other reason. And if I'm not mistaken they left the panels parked at the top of the elevation the last time they did a setback, and then jumped them back into place once they were up 5 or 6 floors.

The floorplans for the units don't show the north side stepping back again, so either the floorplans are inaccurate or they're taking the panels off for some other reason. And if I'm not mistaken they left the panels parked at the top of the elevation the last time they did a setback, and then jumped them back into place once they were up 5 or 6 floors.

maybe the setback won't be there, but they're definitely flattening the north side:
newer render lacks the setback but shows the flattened upper north side:

trump06re03_317581artw.jpg

that last pic is takes coolness to a whole new level ^^^
the big 3 shall we call them? cause these towers are absolutely HUGE over yonge street. possibly sad once BA2 is built. we won't see trump at all from here.

What's that crane thing ^^^ (the praying mantis machine) for?

It looks like they were setting some roof top A/C units on that smaller red brick building beside BA.

Based on the floor plans levels 33 - 53 share the same floor plate. If the penthouse is 4 floors, that would leave only 54 - 56. I can't image that 54 -56 will have a different floor plate (set back) than the floors below. From the looks of it, they have about 10 floors to go. If there is a set back at 50s, that would suggest they're doing sometime different than the latest rendering. Something a little close to the orginal rendering. Wishful speculation on my part, would be for them secretly building the orginal 70s.

March 01-11: The hording is coming down and can get a better look at the base.
5490164851_8d7cb7fef7_b.jpg

5490166115_d0f82ca8cf_b.jpg

5490923558_00ab4391f2_b.jpg

5490901484_a2277597d5_b.jpg

More photos
[video=youtube;DoqvD7kUDvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoqvD7kUDvA[/video]

The large, orange-coloured hoarding is now completely gone from the north side. There is some much smaller scaffolding there--can't see if it's going up or coming down as well.

Pedestrians are still walking down the middle of Adelaide.

On the evening of March 27th, 2007, I brought my dearest mother to her first Leaf game at the ACC. Fresh in the hunt for the final playoff spot at the time, parking around the arena was scarce. I made my way up Bay Street and found a cozy parking lot at Bay and Adelaide, the future home of Trump Tower Toronto. Fittingly, the lot was speckled with Bentley's, BMW's and Benzes. Parking for the night was $5, and as I looked up and gazed at the dizzying heights of Scotia Plaza, I found it hard to fathom that another towering structure would be able to fit on this small parcel of land. It's amazing how quickly times change.

a while back i misinterpreted the post "hoarding has been removed on the north side". i thought he meant the weather-wall hoarding! my bad!

great photo updates! trump is looking more welcomed at street level now.

Back