Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

i was just thinking, trump would be really spectacular if elevators were located in the corner area leading up to the lantern. they would offer one-of-a-kind views.

just imagine seeing elevators beneath the glass going up and down... sweeeeeeet! :cool:

But corner units command a premium so $$$ take precedence, as always.

what puzzles/bugs me is that that corner lighting piece has been there for around 6 months and since, no more has been installed!

anyway...

found these over at SSC.
by egypt69:

*best view of trump in da house! big skyscrapers everywhere!

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=386744&page=202

It seems to me (when looking at the bldg from the corner) that the LEDs protrude from the bldg a lil too much? Are they being set back at all? It looks kinda awkward up close.

It seems to me (when looking at the bldg from the corner) that the LEDs protrude from the bldg a lil too much? Are they being set back at all? It looks kinda awkward up close.

i know exactly what you mean. i think a lot of it is cause there's only a single piece suspended in the air.

it looks really out of place. kinda like this guy:

fail-integration.jpg

but hopefully it'll look better when more is installed. :cool:

Ha, Ha, I was wondering if you'd remember that. I don't usually take pics from up high because I have a pretty intense fear of heights. I think I'll just leave all the high wire stuff to our very talented friend tomms.

I don't mind the all granite facade from that angle, I think another glass curtain face would have been less interesting with BAC next right door. I do think it could have been darker though- just my preference.

That shot with CIBC reminds me of what a great International style building it is- now hidden on the skyline from most angles. I wish it could be transplanted outside the FD, it would look amazing with clear views- like JH in Boston.

I happened to be on my roof sunday and I noticed how Trump really was starting to impact the skyline as was Four Seasons to the North. Still hard to imagine though that this will somehow be taller than Scotia Bank

The mast will peak a little over SP's roof-line and that's it. It won't visually register as taller and will clearly be a much smaller building in massing.

I don't mind the all granite facade from that angle, I think another glass curtain face would have been less interesting with BAC next right door.

I completely agree, and in fact androiduk's picture shows it for being far more interesting than a glass facade

In comparing the render and current pictures, anyone else think we are due for another setback to appear on the next level or two?

That render (which people keep posting for some inexplicable reason) is outdated. This is the latest rendering:

trump06re03_317581artw.jpg

No more setbacks.

In comparing the render and current pictures, anyone else think we are due for another setback to appear on the next level or two?

it really depends. we've seen far too many renders to know what to expect next.
but i really hope we do see a hybrid of some sort. setbacks are good.

comparisonxd3.jpg

Back