Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

As far as CBD green towers go, I think i like trump better than brookfield place....
I think trump is a bittersweet tower. if that makes any sense.

"iconic" is a morally neutral term which need not express any connection to virtues such as beauty or good design - the concrete-entombed mass of the Chernobyl reactor is iconic, for instance.

In this context, however, it is implied that its beauty and design will make it a distinctive part of the skyline. Trump eschews banal and staid minimalism for natural stone, setbacks, and a fusion of two facades.

From Trump's Facebook Page:

155569_169695929730529_110447845655338_392574_2781961_n.jpg

156304_169695966397192_110447845655338_392575_3788870_n.jpg

154264_169696003063855_110447845655338_392576_914492_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/buildingtrumptoronto

amazing density but skinny little Trump almost looks silly jammed in there... I've never been a fan of it's location.

For some odd reason i've always loved the location... its probably the most "downtowny" address you can have. And me, being a skyscraper freak, being in the center of it all is a dream come true! to me it seems like an expensive location. The feel of the building would be very different had it been situated at Yonge/Gerard or Yonge/Bloor, etc... and being in the CBD up high, it always seems peaceful/private, it's quite awesome :D

amazing density but skinny little Trump almost looks silly jammed in there... I've never been a fan of it's location.

I agree. Exactly what I have been thinking. Personally, I don't think I would like to stare into an office building which alot of Trump will. I am sure the finishings will be beautiful but I have never liked the location either. That said, Bay street seems to command premiums though I am not sure if people when they say this are talking about higher up than Adelaide. Suspect it would be the same, anyhow, this is a luxury product so likely in its own league compared to the rest of Bay street (at least downtown Bay street).

... And me, being a skyscraper freak, being in the center of it all is a dream come true!..

I too, am a skyscraper freak, but I would rather be a distance back from the core... Say in X2, where you can SEE the view, instead of being IN the view. The same can be said for living in Absolute World in Mississauga. If you're IN it you can't SEE it... And seeing Absolute World is the whole point. In a way, I feel sorry if you live in AW... You can never look at it.

:p

Back