Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I think it's Russian. - but then hey, people say that about me too.

I had no idea you spoke Russian, Caltrane.

Has it been confirmed that Alofts is on hold?

DAMB, just wanted to thank you for bringing the insider information. Non-disclosure agreements aside, I hope the skepticism doesn't dissaude you from posting :)

What may happen on this project is they may cap at the 7th floor or slow down construction, then once new financing is negotiated things will pick up again. The banks only release a certain amount of money for each phase of a project and once that has dried up theres no one to foot the bill unless Talon or Trump dig into their pockets. Once credit starts flowing back into the market things would pick up again. Talon will tell you that they have good financing because they still want you to buy those penthouse condos.

What may happen on this project is they may cap at the 7th floor or slow down construction, then once new financing is negotiated things will pick up again. The banks only release a certain amount of money for each phase of a project and once that has dried up theres no one to foot the bill unless Talon or Trump dig into their pockets. Once credit starts flowing back into the market things would pick up again. Talon will tell you that they have good financing because they still want you to buy those penthouse condos.

And we may cap it at at the 60th floor...

Back