Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

ooooooo ... the title was referring to the OTHER 'crash pad' .... phew

October 18

From Bay Street looking east. The work continues, they have done a lot since the last time I was there.
2957231862_457afea7af_b.jpg

A doorway and a room.
2957231878_e6a8e1b6dd_b.jpg

From Bay looking northeast.
2957231894_28def06064_b.jpg

Looking west towards Bay Street on the south side.
2957231908_46cbaa691c_b.jpg

Looking northwest towards the Bay Adelaide corner.
2957231922_5cc253c10e_b.jpg

Looking northwest towards the wall facing Adelaide
2957231936_3b5e5859c0_b.jpg

Looking up instead of down.
2957305624_76ef9a779b_b.jpg

"Trump is suited to an urban, business environment. If I were closing an important deal, I'd like to have a beautiful dinner at the restaurant, then have a deal-signing ceremony in the penthouse Presidential Expo Suite. This will be a hotel for deal-signing and deal-closing."

Let's hope that lots of good deals for the city are signed here.

Great pics once again, current.

Look at those skinny supports! I don't think I've ever seen such skinny ones. I guess because of the huge thick ones on the outside perimeter, the interior ones don't need to be as big?

Look at those skinny supports! I don't think I've ever seen such skinny ones. I guess because of the huge thick ones on the outside perimeter, the interior ones don't need to be as big?

Most likely. Its also good for an open concept space within the building.

Amazing how small the basement is on this one considering it will be our second tallest soon. Very New York in the sense that very few towers there go deeper than this.

Look at those skinny supports!

They aren't so small actually. If you look at the blue garbage can beside one of the columns you will see that they are still probably in the 18"-20"+ range. In comparison to the massive perimeter columns, yes they are quite small..

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I was speaking with someone close to the project and he mentioned something about having to go to a public meeting with some new plans and that was to happen today. Now, again, I am not sure if he meant specifically this project, but he did say something about the building being in progress and that this was a crucial meeting and there only chance for it..??Anyways could be nothing..let's see!

p5

^^^ Wish we were still getting that.

It should actually look closer to this after taking the big height reduction into account (the left one in this before/after pic):

comparisonxd3.jpg

The thing that's deceptive about those renderings is that they make the tower look rather bulky. The reality is the tower will be quite thin (think Spire). It certainly won't dominate the area even though it will be tall. Fingers crossed.

Back