News   Apr 25, 2024
 351     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

Not to be a party pooper BUT they still have to rebuild the streetcar ramps at St. Clair West station AND apparently, the sidewalk that was freshly installed between Dufferin and Lansdowne will have to ripped up again to do watermains - Drum, please confirm, but that's what I heard.

Not to be a party pooper BUT they still have to rebuild the streetcar ramps at St. Clair West station AND apparently, the sidewalk that was freshly installed between Dufferin and Lansdowne will have to ripped up again to do watermains - Drum, please confirm, but that's what I heard.

The ramps are to be done in 2008, opps!!!, now 2010. Another 2 weeks of buses along the ""WHOLE"".

As for waterline, not aware of, but most likely based on what taking place these days. Real good planning. Maybe the road will get rebuilt 100% then like Phase II and IV

At the same time, no water work took place in Phase IV, other than Old Weston Rd to Keele for the real mainline. Or did it???

The south side from Vaughan to Oakwood is almost done. The Sidewalks look like they are done the whole way through.
Asphalt paving is still needed a block east and west of Winona. It looks like there were some major water works done at Alberta that have held things up. Maybe related to Garrison Creek running under the road here?

Centre poles are now being installed in the ROW from Vaughan to Christie.

I'm guessing traffic will be shifted to the south side by this weekend and the north side from Christie to Oakwood will be repaved... or maybe not? Some parts of phase 1 were not repaved iirc.

I rarely go west of Oakwood. Any reports of what is happening in Phase 4?

Just curious what the final completion date for the whole project will be? Also, is it possible to calculate how many months this project was delayed by the lack of coordination between the City, the TTC and utilities?

The south side from Vaughan to Oakwood is almost done. The Sidewalks look like they are done the whole way through.
Asphalt paving is still needed a block east and west of Winona. It looks like there were some major water works done at Alberta that have held things up. Maybe related to Garrison Creek running under the road here?

Centre poles are now being installed in the ROW from Vaughan to Christie.

I'm guessing traffic will be shifted to the south side by this weekend and the north side from Christie to Oakwood will be repaved... or maybe not? Some parts of phase 1 were not repaved iirc.

I rarely go west of Oakwood. Any reports of what is happening in Phase 4?

All sidewalks are completed to Ford Street (just east of Old Weston Rd), all old track has been excavated to Ford Street as well. The intersection at Laughton Avenue is now closed until the 25th for track work. The platform at Caledonia/Caledonia Park should be completed soon. The track bed is complete up until almost Ford Street, and the track is being prepared (as we speak) for the second concrete pour from Caledonia straight through to Hounslow Heath. Construction in phase 4 is 24/7, I saw construction workers on site at about 1am on Sunday night (Monday morning).

More overhead has been added to Lansdowne Loop. Reshot the loop on Wed as it had more done since my last visit and a nice day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHSW6I9uzLc

Phase IV
Come Sept 7, Phase IV will see the Keele intersection reduce to single line in all direction with the rebuilding of the intersection I hope Dufferin Construction is more up to speed on this intersection compare to what the did at Old Weston Rd this past weekend, otherwise the City needs to back off on the push as well bring in the other contractor to do it.

What I saw on Friday for the Old Weston Rd intersection left me saying "will they do it in time". Only a small section of the road on both streets was touch with next to no work on either side of Old Weston Rd including sidewalk work.

The Car dealership on the north side has finally got his gate relocated and that was taking place Friday.

The other Contractor that has being doing Phase IV work has gone as far as they can west with the removal of the exist tracks as they are stop by Dufferin at Ford Dr.

The concrete base will be pour 100% by the end of the week excepted for Silverthorn intersection that still has to be rebuilt. That will not happen until TTC has track lay on either side. TTC crews were splicing rail on the east side of the bridge with more track place to the west.

Friday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbr3tGebMWI

Today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48YDHy2jxI

Phase II
This phase is where it should be and eastbound traffic returning to the road section by this weekend. Final paving was taking place between Oakwood and Hendrick with completion but the end of the day. The other section was pave last week and marking done over the weekend as it was not there Friday when I was there.

Paver's have been installed Hendrick and will be done to Oakwood this week. Light poles are being installed east of Hendrick and they need to be install to Oakwood by this weekend to open the road.

Sidewalk west of Oakwood is been torn up to keep crew busy until Aug 31 when the work moves to the north side starting at Atlas Ave to Oakwood to get this section completed by the end of Sept.

Westbound traffic will be moved to the ROW.

Once that work is done, then there will be a push to get the centre poles up so TTC can run service to Oakwood by year end. Some poles east of Christie St have been installed.

Handrail crew busy installing the handrail at the complete platforms. Understand a change order is coming to replace the existing posts at the existing stop to replace the wire with a 3rd rail for the contractor. Some of the post for the shelter are up at a few. The Oakwood panel still there.

There is 2 ways to fix the post with one being new post like the ones being install to removal of a platform one at a time to add the 3rd rail support with the possibility of filling in the holes. Filling in the holes is a waste of money and most people will never notice them. The cost to add that bracket is small, but the cost to take the railing apart and put it back is the killer.

Today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX0N79QPrjY

Aug 19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9WtTVAGn68

Last edited:
Thanks, Drum118, for the update and the videos;I don't get up to St.Clair W very often and it's nice to be able to keep up on the progress of the construction. :)

Currently how far west do the streetcars run? St. Clair and Bathurst is one area I'm considering buying a house in, and I realized I have no idea if the streetcar is up and running path Bathurst yet.

Currently how far west do the streetcars run?

Streetcars run between St Clair station (Yonge) and St Clair West station (just east of Bathurst). Buses cover the route west of there.

Given even the more pessimistic predictions are full streetcar service resumption within a year or so, I think it would be a little extreme to be basing a house purchase on variations in when the streetcars will be fully back, given I'm assuming you plan to live in your house many years.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not basing my purchase on the streetcar service. I just wanted to know how far I will need to walk this winter.

Streetcars run between St Clair station (Yonge) and St Clair West station (just east of Bathurst). Buses cover the route west of there.

Given even the more pessimistic predictions are full streetcar service resumption within a year or so, I think it would be a little extreme to be basing a house purchase on variations in when the streetcars will be fully back, given I'm assuming you plan to live in your house many years.

It WILL be finished (one day) and the current info on what's happening is on TTC website: See: http://www3.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/512_st_clair.jsp

I agree that to base your house purchase decisions on streetcar construction does sound a bit too excessive!

Some ppl read posting before replying. Transit was not a factor in buying a house, but does offer you an option if something happens to the car or decide to leave it at home to get you where you want to go.

At the rate of things taking place today, the line should be 99% completed by June 2010 if not sooner. Not sure when the artwork will be added to the shelters to make it 100%.

Phase IV

Keele/Weston Rd intersection is one lane in all direction as of the 24th until the week of Sept 7. Traffic was backup badly on Keele that it was faster for me to walk to St Clair from the Junction stop. Saw a backlog of riders waiting for the 41 at the subway and have 3 pass me going south behind each others. Waterline work taking place on the north-west cor. Concrete curb being pour on the south side from the bridge to Keele and it and the sidewalk will be 10' south of the old one. Wasn't this way on Monday.

Curb pour west of Old Weston Rd with crews still trying to build the curb on the east side like they were on Monday.

Track based is 100% pour and waiting TTC to lay track on either side of Sliverthorn. I expect to see the intersection done the 2nd or 3ed weekend in Sept but that can change at the city whim.

Concrete for the ROW could be 100% pour by this weekend from Caledonia Rd to the west of Laughton Ave.

Rebar in place for the eastbound platform at Caledonia and waiting concrete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6edYn3RFjNQ

Phase III.
The loop overhead system is now out to where it will connect to the mainline coming out of the loop. Guide makers are place in the road for the system turning onto Lansdowne and expect the overhead could be in place by next weekend or the following weekend.

Lets see how long the new traffic light post on the north-west corner last as long trucks are killing them as they turn west off Dufferin.

Phase II.
The ROW will be 100% pour up to Northcliff by the weekend with the rest done by next weekend to connect to Phase II subject when TTC splice the last 4 rails.

Curb in place on the south side from Oakwood to Glenholme with hydro being installed. Sidewalk could or should be in place by next weekend so it ready when school starts on the 8th.

Road is 100% marked from Oakwood to Christie waiting some north-south crossing to be done.

More light poles going up as well a few new base for them being built. Pavers are on site and ready to be place for the last 2 blocks.

Traffic will one way or another be shifted this weekend either at Oakwood or Winona so sidewalks can start west from Atlas. TTC would like to see service to Oakwood in late Nov.

Shelters are in various stages of built with one with planter and soil in place. Planter material on site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFK6aa55gQ

Back