News   Jul 26, 2024
 620     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

AMAZING IDEA! I hope this streetcar extention goes through... why stop at Jane? why not run it all the way to the western end of St. Clair (@ Scarlett Rd.)??

St Clair ROW update

Got a couple of notice on the St Clair ROW.

Sidewalk work is to start before the track work.

Contact #1 Yonge St to Avenue Rd will start later this summer

Contract #2 Avenue Rd to Tweedsmuir Ave to start June 26 and be completed late 2006. Work will start westly for sidewalks only from Avenue Rd between 7.00 am to 6.00 pm.

Once a portion of the sidewalk work is done, then track work will start on a 24hr base using heavy equipment between 7.00 am and 11.00pm.

Contract #3 Tweedsmuir to Vaughan Rd. Some time this summer.

TTC overhead wires as well temporary traffic signals and street lights work will be conducted for all 3 contract areas at this time.

Tree planting and other planting will take place in 2007.

No parking allow on St Clair until track work is completed.

7A, 33, 90 and 126 will use St Clair West station until work begins inside of station.

Buses replace streetcars June 18.

2 hours transfer still in effect

They did put up flashing warning pilons by all the platforms from Yonge to Spadina this past week, so it certainly looks like things are starting up again.

ROW approved Feb

um, sorry about bringing this topic back from the dead, but now that the project has been approved and everything, does anyone have any construction pics or other info? I didn't find any other threads about this.

Re: ROW approved Feb

Two good updates at the Transit Toronto group on Yahoo.

Hmm, I live right on St. Clair - I should probably take some pics myself.

I've noticed that they've finished filling in the concrete/cement centre around the tracks (around Bathurst) with a cobbelstone pattern, which unfortunately is somewhat worse traveling over on a bike than the old 12" concrete squares.

I live on St. Clair too. I have seen curbs put up west of Bathurst separating the tracks from traffic. West of Avenue road, you can see the new poles put up in the middle of the road. There is a sample of the patterned concrete track bed just east of Yonge as well.

Here is some photo's I shot on Aug 11.

Being trying to get backup to shot rest of St Clair West of Oakwood before construction start since last year for before and after construction photo's with no luck to date.

Will try this weekend.

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dr...r=/639dre2

Will the ugly utility poles disappear?
My understanding most of the poles will be gone by 2008. Cost is the big issue to replace them underground.

Was up on St Clair today after TTC meeting and nice to see the work has started up for the Yonge-Avenue road section that has been held up due to the expropriation issues. Have not received a notice about this section of work compare to the others.

The asphalt as been removed from the new track area from last year and fresh concrete is being poured. The existing track for the loop has been removed and the new based is being laid.

Understand that the elevators work is completed for the station, but not ready for the public yet.

Sidewalk work is taking place on the south side that was not done last year. Still have to do the north side before moving to the tracks. One section of the north side cannot be done until the hoarding and protection is taken down later this year.

Tracks are in place from Avenue Rd to Spadina Rd with most of the top concrete in place.

I hope it is true on what I was seeing as it is a reversal of what was supposed to take place at the edge of the ROW, and that is the extra 2 inches curb. Unless the curb is going to be install when the road is replace, then the curb has been removed from the picture and is welcome news not only to me, but the people who will be crossing this ROW between blocks.

Not impress how the concrete has been tile. Should had some colures to it.

Looking at the centre poles, you can see the ROW is not straight or more so, St Clair itself.

No work has started for the ROW west of Spadina to the tunnel at this time. The road has been cut for the removal of the existing tracks.

I noticed the centre poles stop well short of Spadina and there is no provision for anymore and that is odd.

Got a shot as to how the cables are going to be installed in the centre of the ROW.

No platforms are in place at this time.

Notice a concrete walkway being place for a side street mid block and did not check to see if other streets were done this way.

Look at 027 and 6343 to see a huge change in a month. The corner got cut.

Pictures 100’s are from August.

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dr...dre2&.tok=

Streetcar service is to start with the November board and Riders are not going to be happy about transferring at St Clair W again. I cannot see the new track section in service until December at the earliest, if then.

Understand the track work for St Clair W station is not going to take place until next year either due the track not being order on time or late being delivery. Someone may have more up date version as to the issue. Cars will be slow order until the track is replaced.

Due to the noise level, I expect the removal of the existing track work to be done at night.

The light was not great for shooting. Depending on the weather, will reshoot what I have shot as well getting the rest of St Clair done as before construction shot this weekend.

Just yesterday I walked along St. Clair from Vaughan Rd. to Yonge and was very surprised by how much construction has taken place considering that it hasn't discussed here recently. Between Avenue Rd. and Spadina, the elevated concrete strip with new tracks and centre lamp posts is pretty much complete, and they were busy tearing up the tracks towards Yonge. I was thrilled to see such progress on improving transit infrastructure, which is all too rare in Toronto, and even though I'll probably never use this route, I can only hope that its completion will spur many more streetcar right-of-ways into quick construction. Is there a list somewhere of all the streets that are being studied for similar serrvice? I've heard of Kingston Rd., Lakeshore, Queen's Quay, and Finch, but what are some of the others? Jarvis strikes me as a perfect place for one as well, but I've never heard of talk to put a right-of-way there.

Maybe they wanted to get going on it before the business opponents posing as a citizens group gets another court challenge going.

They are closing parts of the St. Clair/Avenue interesection for construction this weekend (through traffic is blocked going southbound already) so I imagine they will work right through the weekend replacing the trackage through there. I went by last night - it is going quite fast now that work has actually started.

Back