Toronto St Clair Place | 150m | 44s | Wittington | Diamond Schmitt

September 12th
Some pre-construction shots

IMG_20200912_112958__01.jpg
IMG_20200912_113030.jpg

Would be lovely but I'd be shocked if we got what they're depicting. They'll de-value engineer it; getting rid of all the features that make it attractive. 90% of renderings are an exercise in deception (a lie).

From an email by LURA Consulting:

Dear members of the Yonge-St. Clair community,

You are invited to attend a community update on the St. Clair Place development application. Since the last community update at a workshop held in March 2020, additional changes to development application have taken place. In the first of two updates scheduled for this fall, members of the project team will provide an update on community amenities proposed as part of the St. Clair Place development application.

Hear how your input has shaped new revisions to the development application and provide feedback on the changes. Members of the project team will be on the call to present on these changes and answer questions.

When: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 5:00pm
Where: Virtually on Zoom. Details to join the meeting online or by phone as are follows. Advance registration is not required.

Join the Zoom meeting online by clicking
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89514303217?pwd=RXo1NTB0cEp2S3NReS9xTXpjcjlUUT09

Join the Zoom meeting by telephone by dialing
(647) 558-0588
When prompted, input:
Meeting ID: 895 1430 3217
Passcode: 581729

We hope that you will be able to attend and will share the meeting details with members of your network. We look forward to meeting with you!

Look at the size of the property in the photo up above! There's going to be a massive hole in the ground before they start to climb with those four towers etc. This project will be one of the pride and joy developments of the Yonge and St Clair area.

So after dogs and cats we will be getting deers from Claude Cormier!

View attachment 277172
(Capital/CCA)

AoD

Clearly our Mr. Cormier has settled on a preferred Toronto motif.

I fully expect the subsequent space to correctly showcase Toronto's mascot, the Raccoon.

I picture a ceramic dumpster, with trash appearing to be falling out, and 2 peering bandit eyes from under the 1/2 opened lid.

I watched that full 18 minute presentation and it was mesmerizing watching Claude Cormier walk us through the proposed landscape. Really well thought out. I initially thought the Deer elements were a bit cheesy forgetting of course that it is Deer Park. The deer ties in the neighborhood name along with the nearby ravine giving it some nice Instagram worthy pics and fun just like Berczy Park. Merci Monsieur Cormier.

I'll be in the minority here, but this could use a height chop. The density is okay, but I'm not sure if we'll see neighbouring plots of land redeveloped since it's more Yellowbelt than anything into the neigjbourhoods. If this was on the corner of Yonge n St. Clair, I'd say the height is fine. The podiums look okay as well, although I think execution will be important.

Clearly our Mr. Cormier has settled on a preferred Toronto motif.

I fully expect the subsequent space to correctly showcase Toronto's mascot, the Raccoon.

I picture a ceramic dumpster, with trash appearing to be falling out, and 2 peering bandit eyes from under the 1/2 opened lid.

Some preliminary concepts.
883bbffdb9b668893e4756d90c8900c3.jpg

Link

thumb_veah-had-a-subprime-mortgaco-www-funnypica-com-crazy-but-funny-raccoon-12-52989952.png

Link

A couple of screengrabs from the youtube video of the landscape/public realm.

Yonge frontage - Honey Locust Trees which will be placed 9M on centre apart, mid-sidewalk, and each given 30M3 of soil. A+

In general, folks here know my view on circular flush to sidewalk grates; but I actually trust Claude to make sure the right material goes into them to allow proper flushing of salts.

So I'm good with it here.

1602972991857.png

1602973158519.png

Overview of the Yonge/Heath intersection. Note that all 4 corners are to be treated with streetscape here.

1602973225174.png

The current view looking south from Lawton towards Heath, along the west side of Yonge.

1602973307297.png

The above, becomes this:

1602973267117.png

Back